Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Lost and Found / Select Classifieds -> First Run OGOPOGO Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bbp
King Geoffrey


Joined: 08 Dec 2013
Posts: 1938
Location: On the green

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumber wrote:
bbp wrote:
Very.

Daredevil used a material advertised as the plastic that Gateway uses to increase the weight in their discs. It's really heavy.

I wonder if it would have a use as a training tool.


Guts in "Hard Core" mode

I would worry about hurting myself throwing that thing


I walked out to the field with the goal of throwing this thing. I chickened out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion


Joined: 14 Jun 1999
Posts: 2608
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbp wrote:
I walked out to the field with the goal of throwing this thing. I chickened out.


I am prepared to throw this disc.

My plan would be to throw it at low to mid-speed (at first).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Thumber
LNF Champion


Joined: 08 Nov 2007
Posts: 8270

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet it's stable.
_________________
meh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adamsm
Driver


Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Posts: 412

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: First Run OGOPOGO Reply with quote

bbp wrote:
I have the first run of Ogopogos!


HOT PINK!!



...not like I need anouther disc but I guess I better pre-order one before they are all gone, I'll be at the Plaid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bbp
King Geoffrey


Joined: 08 Dec 2013
Posts: 1938
Location: On the green

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: First Run OGOPOGO Reply with quote

adamsm wrote:
bbp wrote:
I have the first run of Ogopogos!


HOT PINK!!



...not like I need anouther disc but I guess I better pre-order one before they are all gone, I'll be at the Plaid.


You don't need another disc, you need this disc. Mr. Green
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bbp
King Geoffrey


Joined: 08 Dec 2013
Posts: 1938
Location: On the green

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken Darcovich wrote:
bbp wrote:
I walked out to the field with the goal of throwing this thing. I chickened out.


I am prepared to throw this disc.

My plan would be to throw it at low to mid-speed (at first).


I'll bring it this weekend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ottawa_adam
Deliverer of Democracy


Joined: 01 Jul 2010
Posts: 954
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I'll bite and order one, too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
surge
Champion of Chains


Joined: 06 Sep 2004
Posts: 2962
Location: With my discs!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this thing, it has character and does stick to everything. The 2m rule is it's enemy. Wobbly out of your hand and then settles into a smooth spin. I straightened out the rim a la Epic (Shane) manual bending after a few throws as the thing warps. Tried a few thumbers which seemed to work as well but I'm not a good thumber disc judge.
This thing is hurt your eyes bright in the sun, don't look right at it. cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
kenmlittle
Disc Jockey


Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 725
Location: Toronto, ON

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"ALLx"

Please explain...
_________________
"Friends don't let friends putt like Ken Little."
-Ken Little
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thumber
LNF Champion


Joined: 08 Nov 2007
Posts: 8270

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works very well if thrown at slower speeds. I cannot throw a full power back hand or thumber with it. It deforms around my grip and then things get squirrly. Fun disc
_________________
meh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
C-Kyle
Spin Doctor


Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 1217

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenmlittle wrote:
"ALLx"

Please explain...

All times world champ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKid
Driver


Joined: 07 Oct 2013
Posts: 487
Location: Carleton Place

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works well I found. Especially in a little rain, it really does like to stick where it lands. Great for hills I found if you didn't want your disc magically rolling away on you.
_________________
Here's lookin' at you kid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bbp
King Geoffrey


Joined: 08 Dec 2013
Posts: 1938
Location: On the green

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenmlittle wrote:
"ALLx"

Please explain...


Climo is 12x
Little is 0x

Penton is all time. laughing

Just trying to be cool with the Kens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenmlittle
Disc Jockey


Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 725
Location: Toronto, ON

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbp wrote:
kenmlittle wrote:
"ALLx"

Please explain...


Climo is 12x
Little is 0x

Penton is all time. laughing

Just trying to be cool with the Kens.


My lawyers will be in touch.
_________________
"Friends don't let friends putt like Ken Little."
-Ken Little
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OMR
ODGC Marketing


Joined: 02 Jun 2005
Posts: 3418
Location: Kanata

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take 3 plz!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bbp
King Geoffrey


Joined: 08 Dec 2013
Posts: 1938
Location: On the green

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenmlittle wrote:
bbp wrote:
kenmlittle wrote:
"ALLx"

Please explain...


Climo is 12x
Little is 0x

Penton is all time. laughing

Just trying to be cool with the Kens.


My lawyers will be in touch.


Wicked! How many do they want? 3? 6? 12!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenmlittle
Disc Jockey


Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 725
Location: Toronto, ON

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbp wrote:
kenmlittle wrote:
bbp wrote:
kenmlittle wrote:
"ALLx"

Please explain...


Climo is 12x
Little is 0x

Penton is all time. laughing

Just trying to be cool with the Kens.


My lawyers will be in touch.


Wicked! How many do they want? 3? 6? 12!!!


3. For real smile

I'll plan to catch you at the Plaid with cash if that is acceptable.
_________________
"Friends don't let friends putt like Ken Little."
-Ken Little
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bbp
King Geoffrey


Joined: 08 Dec 2013
Posts: 1938
Location: On the green

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenmlittle wrote:

3. For real smile

I'll plan to catch you at the Plaid with cash if that is acceptable.


That's the trendiest way to get one! Or 3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKid
Driver


Joined: 07 Oct 2013
Posts: 487
Location: Carleton Place

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbp wrote:
kenmlittle wrote:

3. For real smile

I'll plan to catch you at the Plaid with cash if that is acceptable.


That's the trendiest way to get one! Or 3.


"It's da coolest! You're not cool, unless ya pee yo pants!" -Billy Madison
_________________
Here's lookin' at you kid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Holly D
Overflow Overlord


Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Posts: 4302
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKid wrote:
bbp wrote:
kenmlittle wrote:

3. For real smile

I'll plan to catch you at the Plaid with cash if that is acceptable.


That's the trendiest way to get one! Or 3.


"It's da coolest! You're not cool, unless ya pee yo pants!" -Billy Madison


Were you even alive when that was released?
(Don't answer that)
_________________
1020 rated lunch preparationist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Lost and Found / Select Classifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
RSS Feed for Latest Posts