Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> ODGC Tournaments and Events -> Ettyville Super Spin Championship - June 14, 2014 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Ettyville Super Spin Championship - June 14, 2014 Reply with quote

ODSA Silver Series

Further event details
- The event is an ODSA Silver Tournament. When registering, male players need to declare their division (MPO, MPM, MA1, MPG, MA2). One ODSA Provincial qualifying spot is available per division winner.
- The Ettyville Super Spin Championship will be contested by the low score for MPO, MPM, MA1, and MPG divisions. These divisions will be carded together. The Championship has secured a payout sponsorship of $500 from PTF. The Championship will pay out as follows: 1st place $235, 2nd place $165, 3rd place $100. Please note the payout pool is set (as this is a fund raising event ) and the pool will only increase with further cash sponsorship. The Championship will be contested by playing 1st round mid tees and 2nd round pro tees. MA1 winning players have the option for merchandise payout.
- AM2 registered players will be competing for trophy only from the mid tees 1st round and short tees 2nd round
- FAM players can register for either of the 2 above groupings and are eligible for those pooled awards. There is no separate or distinct cash payout for FAM players. There will be a trophy to recognize the top FAM player awarded to lowest score in the Championship pool and if no registered FAM Championship participants then the lowest scoring FAM player in the AM2 pool.
- The ODGC ODSA Qualifier spot will be awarded to the lowest adjusted score for the first round where all divisions will play the mid tees.
- The tournament is a fund raising event to support the financial operation of the Ettyville Super Spin Disc Golf course. The course is privately owned and maintained at the expense of the owner with baskets provided by the Ottawa Disc Golf Club (ODGC). Currently there are 3 ways to support the course. 1) Play it and pay the $5 green fee. 2) Purchase a season pass for $60.00 and not have to pay green fees and enjoy reduced costs at certain events including this event. 3) Participate in this tournament. There is a decreasing number of ODGC organized events at the Ettyville Super Spin course as League and Tournament Directors move events elsewhere. Never has it been as important as it is today to financially support the Super Spin. Disc golfer support is greatly appreciated.
- In the interest of disclosure for website and club policies.
$1 per entry fee will be remitted to the ODSA for Silver event.
$3 per entry fee will be remitted to the ODGC per sanctioning requirements ( $ 8 for non-ODGC member)
$ 8 per entry fee will be remitted to the ODSA for non-ODSA members for personal insurance purchasing which last for the year.
The remainder goes to trophies and course fundraising.
- I would like to do a shout out to the Bigman June 7 and the Albatros Open June 14 saying that it is never my intent to run events so close or on the same dates. Unfortunately the disc golf calendar gets set before other calendars that influence my life. There was a glimmer of hope to run this event June 21 but it faded when another calendar adjusted last minute and closed that opportunity.

Registered players:

JohnyP
Mark D
Coco
Sparrow
Dave McLeod
The Kid
Weedsma
Rolly
Krazzy K
Mr Bee
Eric Tremblay
K Kyle
Jovin
Alex
Ben Hur
OMR
Briggs
Andros the defending champ.
Phil-e-blunt
CKyle

[Edited by Ottawa Disc Golf Club on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:27 am]

Last edited by John Pytel on Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:19 am; edited 8 times in total
Jess
Driver

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In!
Thumber
LNF Champion

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little confused by the Season Pass costs....poster says $10 but text says $60.

As well, this is advertised as a fixed payout fundraiser. How much of the entry goes to the fundraiser portion? Is that the $10 referenced above?
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumber wrote:
I'm a little confused by the Season Pass costs....poster says $10 but text says $60.

As well, this is advertised as a fixed payout fundraiser. How much of the entry goes to the fundraiser portion? Is that the $10 referenced above?

No problem Shane.

Season pass to Ettyville is $60.

Pass holders get $10 off the registration cost. So a pass holder would pay:
$20.00 plus $5 non-odgc plus $8 non-odsa.

I listed the expenses that I remit to everyone else. Entry fee (be it $20 or $30) less what I remit, less trophy costs, is what is left as the fundraiser.

Hope that answers your question.

Last edited by John Pytel on Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Thumber
LNF Champion

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, now I get it. I was a little confused by the + and - signs I guess.....me no do good math today
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumber wrote:
Yep, now I get it. I was a little confused by the + and - signs I guess.....me no do good math today

I should have said "pass holder" in the poster but I've been playing html and poster wars all day to get this up and out finally.

I was told there'd be no math.....
TheKid
Driver

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'M BRINGING MY TEE GAME!!!! MEANING MY TEEQUILA!!!

LION RAWR

*rawr*
axelfudge
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in.
andros
ODGC Presidents Cup Champion

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy added cash batman!

I should be in for this one John, just need to clear it with my work sched.
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andros wrote:
Holy added cash batman!

I should be in for this one John, just need to clear it with my work sched.

Cool. You can thank the dirt squirters for that cash. If I only had time to hit up more businesses. Baby steps but hoping to have more of a focus on this event going forward in the post OD tour world.
wierdsma
Driver

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisher
ODGC Secretary

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the green light for Saturday but I am without a ride. I can help with gas. I live at Bathgate and Montreal Rd. (660 Hochelaga St. Unit 54).

Is anyone else in a similar position as renting a car is not too expensive.
vinylfactory
Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you remember that scene in the world's greatest movie They Live?
You know, where Rowdy Roddy Piper turns and as his massive chest is heaving in pec-jiggling gulps of air, he says

"Brother, life is a bitch...and she's back in heat."

Ettyville is life, and I am Nada.
OK Ettyville, do your worst, I believe I am as ready as I will never be.

OI! 8AM player's meeting? I'll be superspinning!

Just can't wait.
Ben H
Tonal Pole

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[edit] I am now in, as I have keen kindly offered a ride.

Last edited by Ben H on Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
OMR
ODGC Marketing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In. MPG.
TheKid
Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Divisions Reply with quote

Hey All,

Quick question, if I am entered in AM2 and I am the only AM2 player, what happens to CTP's and tournament winnings?

I got duped in the Big Man and had an AM2 CTP, however Bevy (who was AM1) tied with me. However, the groups got merged as there was only Spike and myself in AM2 and Sparrow I believe.

Let me know, I'm not a pro level contestant yet, but I still am gunning for Top Raw Score!
briggs
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to play on Saturday but have one small concern.

I am on-call for work this weekend and if my blackberry rings I have no choice but to answer it.

There are no major configuration changes planned so there is a low likelihood that I wil get called.

John, as the TD, what would your recommendation be?

Also, if any players also playing in AM1 have any concerns could they respond as well?

Thanks.
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

briggs wrote:
I would like to play on Saturday but have one small concern.

I am on-call for work this weekend and if my blackberry rings I have no choice but to answer it.

There are no major configuration changes planned so there is a low likelihood that I wil get called.

John, as the TD, what would your recommendation be?

Also, if any players also playing in AM1 have any concerns could they respond as well?

Thanks.

I'm good with it. I prefer vibrate and what not to reduce any disruptions if they occur. Especially if you are on top card you may want to have it silent and be checking it. If you get called and are not able to continue to play reasonably I would hope you act accordingly.

I once played a round at Ettyville with Kin on a conference call. Pretty funny stuff.
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Divisions Reply with quote

TheKid wrote:
Hey All,

Quick question, if I am entered in AM2 and I am the only AM2 player, what happens to CTP's and tournament winnings?

I got duped in the Big Man and had an AM2 CTP, however Bevy (who was AM1) tied with me. However, the groups got merged as there was only Spike and myself in AM2 and Sparrow I believe.

Let me know, I'm not a pro level contestant yet, but I still am gunning for Top Raw Score!

Kid.

Currently there are no CTP's so no need to worry about them. Sorry but just not the time or resources to come up with stuff. Probably with a small event like this I would put the CTP(s) open to everyone and on the short par 3's only.

AM2 winnings. There are none. It's a fundraiser event. Cash is set and only pays out to top 3 in the divisions above AM2. I ordered trophies but at the time there was only 10 people registered so I order 4 trophies. Top 3 in the championship and top lady. No AM2 trophy or divisional trophies.

AM2 comes into play for an ODSA qualifying position.

I'm not sure what condition Bevy was in at the Shire but if you beat him you are probably getting ready to look past AM2 locally.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> ODGC Tournaments and Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: