Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Other Events -> ADGM tournaments - Lemons and Lollipops
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beny_boy
Driver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: ADGM tournaments - Lemons and Lollipops Reply with quote

Thi years I've TD 4 of the 5 tournaments that the adgm held... (i need to get a life...) I would like your comments on all QDGT tournaments (so 3 out of 5) if you have time to do it we (the adgm) would love your imput so we can improve next year events. We are now in the process of doing a review on our Year and plan next year!

Coulee des sucres - april
adgm open - May
Grosse coupe-September

Lemons: What you didn't like.

Lollies: What you liked.
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coulee des Sucres - April

Lollipops

- Fun course and the tees were great for the snow covered course.
- Nice park; good work getting a course in there.

Lemons

- The snow OB: This made the course completely different from one card to the next. Someone steps on the snow near the edge and the OB line gets changed for the next thrower. I had two throws, two different rounds, that had the exact same result, except in the afternoon, it was OB.

- The award ceremony: While all the players waited for up to an hour to hear the results, in our wet clothes trying to stay warm by the fire, those that had a cabin went in and warmed up and changed into dry clothes. This was by far the latest finishing QDGT event I attended.

ADGM Open - May

Lollipops
- A fun layout, but not what I was expecting.
- Quick results and departure.

Lemons
- Playing a different layout than what is normally in the ground.
- Playing temp cloth baskets when 18 great metal baskets are already in the ground

Gross Cup - September

Lollipops
- Love this course. A very fun park course with great greens, great baskets and fun throws.
- Very well organized and ran very smoothly.
- The Freedom Show
- The TDs standing by their word and not giving in to angry non-registered players.

Lemons
- Mixed division cards and tees: a tournament should be a chance to compete against your peers, not sit alone on the longs, and "teaching" others how to play. Leagues are a better venue to teach and learn.

Last edited by Jefrey A. Brother on Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
C.T.PETE
Tonal Pole

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lollipops- my secret aces at all events

Lemons - the players meetings could be musical, in the form of a song such as this one from the Bremen Open: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCnn9z5wuBQ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Other Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: