ODGC Presidents Cup Champion
Joined: 10 Oct 2006
|Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:48 am Post subject: Ice League 2013-2014 - INFORMATION
|With the fall season in full swing and winter approaching it's time to start thinking about disc golf in the off season. The 2013-2014 Ice League season will get going shortly as soon as I iron out the schedule. Eventually I will post a preliminary schedule of the locations as well as separate threads for each Ice League event and will update them as I gather information.
Photo courtesy of Jeff Meldrum
Who: Anyone can play.
You don’t have to be a member of the ODGC but members get discounts.
When: Every Saturday leading up to the 2014 Ottawa Ice Bowl.
Time: Varies depending on the course
Where: Different courses and different layouts. Some old, some new.
Format: Best-disc doubles, Doubles teams will be pre-selected at random between two sets of players; "pro” and "ams". If you win with one partner, say goodbye to their services for the year, as winnings partners are not paired again.
The goal of Ice League is to have fun in the cold, stay in form for next season, and to add to the value of our donation to the Ice Bowl's charity, the Ottawa Food Bank.
Your top-6 Ice League (+ Ice Bowl) results will count towards the Final Ice League ranking, which goes from now until early February.
$5 entry + 1 Mulligan
$8 entry + 2 Mulligans
$10 entry + 4 Mulligans
$15 entry + 6 Mulligans*
$6 entry + 1 Mulligan
$10 entry + 2 Mulligans
$12 entry + 4 Mulligans
$17 entry + 6 Mulligans*
*: Max of 6 used per league event. (unless you have an extra moulie)
Definition: A mulligan is a stroke that is replayed from the spot of the previous stroke without penalty, due to an errant shot made on the previous stroke.
- When using a mulligan it must be verbally declared to the rest of the group.
- Mulligans can be given or "pooled" between partners.
- Only a maximum of 6 mulligans can be purchased thus a maximum of 12 per team. (So in theory one partner can hold 12 mulligans but where's the fun in that?)
- Once your lie has been picked up or you and your partner both walk off the teepad you cannot use a mulligan.
- Once a mulligan is used it can be torn to demonstrate its usage or it can also be recycled for future usage to prevent waste. (Honor system in effect)
Any questions regarding Ice League or Ice Bowl? Post here or PM me.
Last edited by andros on Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:05 am; edited 3 times in total