Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Ice League -> Ice League Mo Bros
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Ice League Mo Bros Reply with quote

This IL season, during the month of Movember, any golfer sporting a Movember approved Mo will receive a free Moullie (mulligan). Yes, that means you could have 7 mullies at your ready!

I've started a Mo Team called ODGC Moulligans. You can, of course, be part of another Mo Team and still get the free Moullie. All you need is the moustache.

This is the email that Movember made for me to get team members on board.

For me, the Movember dudes wrote:
Hey there,

Itís Movember and I'll be growing a moustache to raise funds and awareness for men's health. Thereís a long road ahead and Iím looking for someone to sit shotgun.

Fight for your right to change the face of menís health, enlist for Movember and join my team now http://moteam.co/odgc-moulligans

A moustache is the mark of a man, and today itís a symbol to spark conversations about important health issues. Only a few generations have been given the opportunity to make a difference in their hour of need, pledge to grow a moustache for change, or support those that do.

Find out more about why you should join me by taking a look at the causes we are fighting for: http://ca.movember.com/programs

Thanks for supporting Gen Mo and helping us change the face of men's health.

Hairy,

Geoff Penton

As usual, get a check-up! If not for you, for your kids, for your wife, for your buddies.

Last edited by Jefrey A. Brother on Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year, my brother made a video using an app that required you to take a daily photo of your Mo and it showed it off at the end of the month.
Jess
Driver

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Where's my free mulligans? What about the lady disc golfers! I can't rock a Mo, but i can always grow my leg hair in solidarity! hehe
OMR
ODGC Marketing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to wait for vajanuary.
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jess wrote:
Hey! Where's my free mulligans? What about the lady disc golfers! I can't rock a Mo, but i can always grow my leg hair in solidarity! hehe

You come up with something that's unique and fits the idea of it all, then the Tyrant will deliver.

It's all about the charities in IL.
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marie-Pascale wrote:
Hi everyone! Salut tout le monde! (message en franÁais suivra celui en anglais)

Thank you so much for joining the Movember team this year, you guys are awesome! Ottawa/Gatineau has been a huge part of our success in the past , and I'm sure you guys will rock it this year as well. I am writing to you all to let you know that The Social Restaurant & Lounge (537 Sussex Drive) will be hosting Ottawa's Movember Launch Party this Friday, November 1st from 10pm to 2am. You can access the facebook event page here for more info: https://www.facebook.com/events/1427771070779611/ . Bring some friends and have a blast!

Have a great day!

Marie-Pascale
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 3 team mates! None of them Ottawa based ODGCers (one ODGC lifetime and a past ODGC member), but frolfers none the less.
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnobble Gobbler
Mudslide Champion

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO!!

being creepy makes you creepy!

and Vajanuary!

LMAO!
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several took advantage of the extra Mo-ligan for the first IL. My card had three Mo-bros on it!!
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My team of 4 (my two brothers and Hey) raised $3555, most of that from Ryan and his efforts ($2977).

Big thanks to Old Man for his generous donation to the cause. Maybe next year we can convince him to donate his upper lip!

So now its December and you probably still haven't been to a doctor since I tried to get you to go last year. My dad's prostate cancer was detected early and was easier to battle because of it. My uncle saw a doctor when his moods couldn't be controlled and he's won back his life.

See a f#cking doctor. I want to be still kicking your DG a$$e$ in 15 years.

Thanks, Dros, for letting the Mo Bros get a little something-something this year at IL.

I like my mo so much, I'm keeping it.
bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Growing the mo again this year! Don't know if I'll get a mo-ligan for my (wife's) troubles, but it don't matter; It's for a great cause!

Want to join Team Stay Classy?

Little Bro Pent wrote:
Tomorrow marks the official start of Movember, the month formerly known as November, which is dedicated to growing moustaches and raising awareness and funds for men's health. This year Iíve banded together again with my brothers to donate our upper lips to this great cause. Weíre growing our moís for our Dad, a prostate cancer survivor who long ago had the sweetest Mo.

Some facts on menís health:

* 1 in 8 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime, 23,600 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer this year in Canada

* Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in Canadian adolescents and young men between the ages of 15 and 29

* 1 in 5 men will experience a mental health issue this year

I invite you to support menís health by donating to our team or join our team at http://ca.movember.com/mospace/4129233 . All donations are tax deductible.

Iím passionate about Movember because they are working tirelessly every day connecting and funding the best scientific and clinical minds in the world, working towards two urgent goals. Fast tracking a time when no man will die from prostate or testicular cancer, and to rid the world of discrimination against men and boys with mental health problems. You can learn more about the important work and impact Movember is having at: http://ca.movember.com/programs

Thanks again for your support!

Last edited by bbp on Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Ice League All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: