Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Prodigy experience went well, time to try others!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spike
Driver

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Prodigy experience went well, time to try others! Reply with quote

I finally took out the new Prodigy discs that Steph and I got in prizes and in the players pack from TIML.

All great Drivers(D1,2,4), Midranges (M2,4) and nice plastic, we both were impressed.

I have only been using and purchasing Innova since my first 8 starter discs that Twirly put together for me 3 years ago but now think it's time to experiment and try some other brands!

What brands and models can you suggest that you have been pleased with and are worth a try?
PDGA #43652
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fisher
ODGC Secretary

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest keeping it simple. A straight teebird like disc (timber wolf) a wraith champ 167g, buzz (177g), putter. Use these four disc's only making them do everything you need. When you learn to throw one disc really well you become a good disc golfer. Too many people throw too many disc's poorly. It is essential to learn how to flick the wraith and thumber layup the teebird. I would also suggest a zone (180g), or heavy firebird, or nuke os because trouble is everywhere and sometimes it gets windy. Again, learn to flick these overstable discs as the flick is king.

When you find a disc in a weight you like buy a few of them. Weight can be more important then mold as different people have different strokes.
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Prodigy experience went well, time to try others! Reply with quote

spike wrote:

What brands and models can you suggest that you have been pleased with and are worth a try?

The Legacy brand has some nice discs and plastic. Dros, Roxie and Earl throw the Cannon a mile.

I'm impressed with the Latitude 64 line up. The plastic has an adult feel to it and they seem to be a very dependable line. Dros throws the River a ton.
Fisher
ODGC Secretary

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played in sneekers today at river Road. My new rampage 168g went farther then anything I have ever thrown. Love my cannon, but I think it is too heavy at 171g. These two disc's are simply amazing.
Alessandro
Trodden Teepad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Prodigy experience went well, time to try others! Reply with quote

Jefrey A. Brother wrote:

I'm impressed with the Latitude 64 line up. The plastic has an adult feel to it and they seem to be a very dependable line. Dros throws the River a ton.

I am a big fan of the Daredevil Timberwolfs (Timberwolves?) I have. I like the few Lat64 discs I have too (Core and Saint), and while I agree they feel nice, saying "The plastic has an adult feel" may conjure marital aid imagery.
:-j
bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to finally throw my PDs and PD2s yesterday (found some dry ground in the back 40). They need to be broken in a bit, me thinks. The PD2 is an extremely overstable Frisbee. It does some funny stuff when thrown funny.

I too really enjoy the Daredevil Timberwolf/Wolverines. They have some wicked glide.

Last edited by bbp on Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jme198
Mid-Ranger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they tell a joke?

What is a PD? I assume dd is dynamic disc?
bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jme198 wrote:
Do they tell a joke?

What is a PD? I assume dd is dynamic disc?

Both the PD (Freak) and PD2 (Chaos) are Discmania discs. (I typed the PD2 wrong and typed DD instead. Sorry.)
spike
Driver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbp wrote:

Both the PD (Freak) and PD2 (Chaos) are Discmania discs. (I typed the PD2 wrong and typed DD instead. Sorry.)

DD2 in echo is sick for amazing distance and or huge SKY rollers!
PDGA #43652
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: