Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Lost and Found / Select Classifieds -> 2005 Squid Report #1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Joe Mufferaw
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: 2005 Squid Report #1 Reply with quote

5 discs found off of Hole #1 - June 25/05

- Colin's Green Ice Bowl Sidewinder
- Euro Trash's Yellow Pro Starfire
- a disc of Don Wheeler, from North Bay (I will give it to Dusan at the TIO)
- and a disc that belongs to _________, a semi-regular at League Night this year. It'll be given back to him on Thursday! (come on out to League Night... it could be yours!)

... and one totally unnamed disc that hasn't been described in our Lost/Found forum this year. If someone lost a disc on Hole #1, and describes it accurately in this thread, it'll find it's way back to you. You've got one week, and after that it will go in to my pile of practice discs.

~That is all~

redline
Spin Doctor

Location: My canoe has run out of pancakes and the skidoo needs more woodchips.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: 2005 Squid Report #1 Reply with quote

Is it Gavin's yellow teebird?
Big Joe Mufferaw
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: 2005 Squid Report #1 Reply with quote

Are you sure that Gavin lost just a "TeeBird" or was it one of it's cousins?
axe
Putter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: 2005 Squid Report #1 Reply with quote

Is it a white pro starfire with my name on it? Please say yes.
redline
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: 2005 Squid Report #1 Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Big Joe Mufferaw:
Are you sure that Gavin lost just a "TeeBird" or was it one of it's cousins?

I'll get a better desc. from him, but it wasn't in the water if that is where it was found. He called it a teebird, and I just saw that it was yellow. I thought it was DX plastic, and it should have had his name on it...

Big Joe Mufferaw
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: 2005 Squid Report #1 Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by axe:
Is it a white pro starfire with my name on it? Please say yes.

But that would take all the mystery out of things at League Night....

Just come out hoping to get a bonus disc.... could be yours, could be someone elses...

Big Joe Mufferaw
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: 2005 Squid Report #1 Reply with quote

Since I won't be at League Night this week, I sent an e-mail just now to the owner of the Squid-found disc that belongs to the "League Night semi-regular player".

The other disc remains unclaimed, as it has not yet been identified...

Stefan
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: 2005 Squid Report #1 Reply with quote

Don, you won't like this:

The Pro Starfire you recovered from the drink is there again, on almost the same place.

Kitty Hawk
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: 2005 Squid Report #1 Reply with quote

Your experiment results have now been duplicated Stefan. Does that mean you can stop repeating the tests and just publish the results in an academic fashion?
colin
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: 2005 Squid Report #1 Reply with quote

LOL
Stefan
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: 2005 Squid Report #1 Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kitty Hawk:
Your experiment results have now been duplicated Stefan. Does that mean you can stop repeating the tests and just publish the results in an academic fashion?

The sample is too small, insufficient statistical significance. Moreover, the test was not exactly repeated - one was from blue, another from yellow.
redline
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: 2005 Squid Report #1 Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stefan:
The sample is too small, insufficient statistical significance. Moreover, the test was not exactly repeated - one was from blue, another from yellow.

This could go on forever, but I will offer a peer review on the as yet unpublished paper:
Stefan, leave the starfire in the bag!

BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: 2005 Squid Report #1 Reply with quote

Every year someone finds an understable disc to throw into the drink on #1. Used to be the Beasts, then beat up Orcs, now Pro Starfires. What will be next years?
Stefan
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: 2005 Squid Report #1 Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by BigBrotherPenton:
Every year someone finds an understable disc to throw into the drink on #1. Used to be the Beasts, then beat up Orcs, now Pro Starfires. What will be next years?

Hey, you don't like Pro Starfires! That was actually a beaten-up Pro Starfire. The red one I have would have not done that! Whatever...
BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: 2005 Squid Report #1 Reply with quote

Why didn't you throw the Red one then?

BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: 2005 Squid Report #1 Reply with quote

...and you're right, I don't have a great relationship with the Pro Starfires, to flippy. Love the Champs though. That's too bad with Pros hitting the water though, some of you boys throw them a mile (Hegi, ET, Calling). I can roll them a mile though (no where straight though).
Stefan
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: 2005 Squid Report #1 Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by BigBrotherPenton:
Why didn't you throw the Red one then?

Going for the birdie, I needed just the right S curve about that tree. Felt like the red one would fly directly into the tree, while the yellow would go gently around. Naah.

Could have played it safely and got my 3, but that's no fun.

colin
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: 2005 Squid Report #1 Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stefan:

Could have played it safely and got my 3, but that's no fun.

it never is

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Lost and Found / Select Classifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: