Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Other Events -> 2013 ODSA Provincial Championships - Sept. 14-15 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamsm
Driver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolly wrote:
some good shooting out there boys, nice work,

and i do got to be honest, some real bed shitting out there too eek

next time eh?

Great course and very competitive field of players. I opened the trouney with 3 birdies on the first four holes, a few pars and then a 6 within the first nine holes. It is amazing what a scorecard can do to your game!
lissyssil
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolly wrote:
and i do got to be honest, some real bed shitting out there too eek

next time eh?

Andrew Vallee: 2 of 3 rounds within 10 or over his rating. Average rating 940, performance ratio 95.9
Alex Wierdsma: 2 of 3 rounds over his rating. Average rating 900, performance ratio 90.4.
Cyle Prange: 2 of 3 rounds within 10 or over his rating. Average rating 878, PR 90.5.
Mark Atos: 2 of 3 rounds within 10 or over his rating. Average rating 830, PR 82.5
Mike Adams: A better handicapped tournament than Atos. Average rating 883, PR 88.0
Rob Hale: Within 2 strokes per round handicapped of Atos. Average rating 789, PR 80.7
Ben Houle, Average rating 752, PR 80.5

I'd say the ODGC representatives who attended (of which you could have been one) played relatively close to their level, against the strongest disc golfers in their divisions from across the province.

Having not been there Rolly, might I suggest you STFU about bed shitting?
Holly D
Overflow Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed you, Atos.
kenmlittle
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too be fair to Rolly, a few Ottawa golfers (myself included) are known for our epic bed shitting and/or dick eating abilities. I believe we have some 1000+ rated bed shitters amongst our ranks for sure.
lissyssil
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenmlittle wrote:
Too be fair to Rolly, a few Ottawa golfers (myself included) are known for our epic bed shitting and/or dick eating abilities. I believe we have some 1000+ rated bed shitters amongst our ranks for sure.
True. That being said, any discussion of poor performance usually starts with the golfer who performed poorly, not someone who wasn't even at the event. That really rubs me the wrong way.
kenmlittle
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lissyssil wrote:
kenmlittle wrote:
True. That being said, any discussion of poor performance usually starts with the golfer who performed poorly, not someone who wasn't even at the event. That really rubs me the wrong way.

QFT for sure!

So how was the tournament side of things? Any cool player's pack items?
lissyssil
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tournament was fantastic. Great weather, good cardmates, and a good time had by all. The only downside I can think of is the result of vandalism on Saturday night, where the ODSA tents and most of the banners that were put up around HQ were damaged. Hooligans.

Those of you that have never had the opportunity to play at a Dustin Fournier event have truly missed out. Unfortunately, Dusty announced that the finals this year would be the last event that he would TD. When I agreed to take over the TD duties of the Capital Classic in Ottawa, it was (and continues to be) his events that set the bar that I want to reach. Give me another ten years, and I might even get there.

Timetables were set and stuck to, without any qualms or quibbles, and I heard no complaints all weekend about the administrative side of the tournament. Cards were up and ready with plenty of time for players to prepare for their rounds, and, if the e-mail Saturday morning was any indication, Dusty was up before 5:30, making sure everything was perfect. Which it was.

Christie Lake is a very, very nice course, if horribly troublesome to errant shots. The addition of some "easier" holes in the Temp 9 was a wonderful reprieve from "don't hit that tree" considerations, and, the two times I got to play them, actually made me feel a little bit better about my lackluster performance. (For the record, I shot 58 on both layouts that used the Temp holes, and 64 on the original Christie 18.) If this course were closer to home, I would definitely be playing it regularly.

The players pack (for me) consisted of a Dynamic Discs Lucid Escape, a Dynamic Fugitive, and a Gateway Wizard (with Prov. finals logo). In addition, each player received a dry fit t-shirt personalized with last name and PDGA number on the sleeve. Men got red shirts, women blue. My complaint there? It's not pink. Razz

Was I nearly the worst player at the tournament? Yes. Do I own that? Yes. Would I do it all over again? F-yes.
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you STFU Atos ya freaking crybaby, note I did say some... not all. Rolling Eyes what the hell do you think some means? maybe less then 1/3?

Last edited by Rolly on Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
lissyssil
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolly wrote:
you STFU Atos, note I did say some, not all. Rolling Eyes
My point was that everyone there played close to their skill level, and that it's in incredibly poor taste for you to suggest anyone shat the bed, especially since you weren't there.
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lissyssil wrote:
Rolly wrote:
you STFU Atos, note I did say some, not all. Rolling Eyes
My point was that everyone there played close to their skill level, and that it's in incredibly poor taste for you to suggest anyone shat the bed, especially since you weren't there.

I was referring to one round or two out there, not an entire tournament.
Dont be so sensitive, its only disc golf, not life. laughing

Last edited by Rolly on Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, another thread ending in name calling. I can't wait to see which thread the name calling will occur in tomorrow.
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll apologize for my bed pooping comment, Did not think it would stir so much emotion, and i forget some don't forget the past re: DG scores as I may.
Its only DG folks.
C-Kyle
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolly wrote:
I'll apologize for my bed pooping comment, Did not think it would stir so much emotion, and i forget some don't forget the past re: DG scores as I may.
Its only DG folks.

Very hard to forget when people rub it in your face...I changed my underwear and the sheets but somehow somebody couldn't keep there nose out of the laundry
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Kyle wrote:
Rolly wrote:
Its only DG folks.

Very hard to forget when people rub it in your face...I changed my underwear and the sheets but somehow somebody couldn't keep there nose out of the laundry

Do read the positive half of the statement too C-Cyle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Other Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: