Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Lost and Found / Select Classifieds -> Looking for youth participants...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OMR
ODGC Marketing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Looking for youth participants... Reply with quote

My name is Chelsea, and I am O.M.R.’s daughter. I would like to tell you about a youth leadership opportunity for youth between 16-22 years of age that will be taking place in Ottawa this September. You are receiving this email through a personal network contact, because you may know of a youth, or youth-serving organization among your network that may be interested in participating in this exciting initiative.

I work for a small non-profit in Ottawa called Motivate Canada (www.motivatecanada.ca ). Motivate Canada is a youth-driven development organization, so all of our programs work with youth across Canada to develop leadership and team building skills, encouraging youth to become more civically engaged in their communities, and we encourage sport and physical activity engagement through our programs. We also work closely with ParticipACTION and other like-minded partners through their “Teen Challenge” program, which provides funding to youth between 13-19 years of age so they can create their own physical activity initiative that is aimed at getting youth in their community more active. Motivate Canada has five different programs that work with youth across Canada in various capacities. As a Motivate Canada staff member, I am in charge of coordinating their ESTEEM Team program (www.esteemteam.com) ,which involves coordinating motivational speaking engagements for National Team, Olympic, and Paralympic athletes to corporations and elementary and high schools across Canada.

One of Motivate Canada’s programs is called ACTIVATE (http://www.motivatecanada.ca/en/activate). ACTIVATE is a nation-wide youth leadership conference that takes place in Ottawa every year. It is a conference that is designed and implemented by past ACTIVATE delegates for youth. We invite 50 youth leaders from across the country to come together in Ottawa to network, to develop leadership and team building skills, and the youth have the opportunity to attend various workshops on leadership development, youth-driven development, physical literacy and sport participation, and event planning , among others. The goal of this conference is to give youth the tools, skills, confidence, and resources so at the end of the conference, they can return to their local communities and create an “ACTIVATE in Action” project. These projects are aimed at getting local youth more active in the community, by creating social change in their community, and more active in sport and physical activity. Once youth complete this leadership training, they will be more equipped and better able to plan events that engage other youth in becoming more active in the community and more physically active through sport. Youth will be eligible for up to $1,000 in financial assistance from Motivate Canada and ParticipACTION in support of their “ACTIVATE in ACTION” project or toward creating a mini and local ACTIVATE leadership forum.

To get a better sense of what ACTIVATE is, and how it can influence youth, please find a link to our ACTIVATE promotional video: http://vimeo.com/16928994

This year, with help from the Ontario Trillium Foundation, we will be hosting “ACTIVATE Ontario” from September 20-22nd in Ottawa. We are reaching out to community organizations, youth service groups, and our personal networks to spread the word about this great youth leadership opportunity. We are currently accepting youth delegate applications until August 4th. I have attached a .pdf document which details more information about ACTIVATE Ontario, Motivate Canada, and general FAQs about the conference. There is also a link to our youth delegate application form. Our goal is to recruit teams of youth (3-5) who are between the ages of 16-22 years of age.

I would appreciate it if you would pass along this information to your network, as you and your contacts might know of some youth who would be interested in participating.

Thank you for taking the time to read my email and for passing along the information!

Please do not hesitate to contact me, if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Chelsea

Chelsea Lariviere
Senior Program Coordinator, ESTEEM Team
Motivate Canada

National Office/Bureau national:
408-11 Rosemount Ave/ 408-11 avenue Rosemount
Ottawa, ON, K1Y 4R8
(613) 789-3333 ext. 223
Toll-free: 1-866-ESTEEM-1 ext.223
chelsea@motivatecanada.ca

Motivate Canada—“REALizing the potential of YOUth.” / "Réaliser le potentiel de la jeunesse” Find out more/ Pour en savoir plus

Now recruiting Ontario youth leaders for the ACTIVATE Ontario program! Drive positive change in your community - apply before August 4th!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Lost and Found / Select Classifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: