Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Tuesday Stroke Play League -> TOSS 2013 [9] - June 25 - Camp Fortune (Best-of) Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lissyssil
Champion of Chains


Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 2558
Location: Aylmer, QC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: TOSS 2013 [9] - June 25 - Camp Fortune (Best-of) Reply with quote

It's Simply the Best! This week, the TOSS season is at Camp Fortune, with
TOSS 2013 [9] / QB Challenge 3.3
June 25th
at Camp Fortune (Best-of).
All disc golfers are welcome!
Tournament Central is on the lower deck of the chalet, and
The round starts at 6:15.
BE AT THE COURSE BY 6:00PM TO REGISTER! We will tee off at exactly 6:15pm.
Fees are $5
Exact change appreciated.
This week's TD: Penton (JABrother)

Details about TOSS 2013 [8]:
  • We will be playing Holes 1-18 from the Best-of tees.
  • This is WEEK 3 of QB Challenge 3.
  • TOSS is operating an Ace Pool as a fundraiser for the Capital Classic. $2.00 gets you in the pool, with $1.00 from each entry going to the Capital Classic. Ace pools not won carry over to the following week's TOSS event. See Mark Atos for more details.
  • Directions to Camp Fortune are here: Directions
  • If you haven't paid for your 2013 ODGC membership yet, members of the ODGC executive committee will be on hand to receive your fees / dues at the course.


Quote:
Out of Bounds
- On or into any building or deck.
- On or over the road on the left side of 18 fairway.
- All standing water shall be considered casual obstacle, and treated in accordance with PDGA Rule 803.01(B).
- 2m rule NOT in effect.
- Ignore all CC '013 OB lines.
...

Hole 13
The creek shall be considered casual water, and players will have the option, without penalty, of playing from the creek, or on the far bank, straight back from the basket on their lie.


Lightning

From Environment Canada and SIRC.

30-30 Rule

Be sure your sport association has a lightning safety policy and that everyone knows the 30-30 rule.

When you can count 30 seconds or less between lightning and thunder, head for safe shelter.
Remain sheltered for 30 minutes after the last clap of thunder.

More info.

I will blow a horn 4x to suspend play. Use a rock or stick to mark your lies. Get off the mountain and get back to HQ. We'll discuss our plan of attack there.

<span>[Edited by Jefrey A. Brother on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:18 am]</span>


Last edited by lissyssil on Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lissyssil
Champion of Chains


Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 2558
Location: Aylmer, QC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSS 2013 [9]
25/06/2013 18:15:00
QB 3.3
Conditions: Mostly Cloudy
Temp: 23.1C
Wind: N 4 km/h
17 players participated in this round.
Action from Camp Fortune Best Of.
Adjusted Round Results:
RankNameScoreHandicapAdjusted
Score
1Seguin, Serge 5610.145.9
2Chartrand, Jessica 6518.846.2
3DeCoste, Holly 6213.848.2
4Vinet, Eric 523.748.3
5Lane, Don 589.448.6
6Darcovich, Ken 522.849.2
7Vallee, Andrew 522.649.4
8Penton, Geoff 521.450.6
9Reitlingshoefer, Claus 575.551.5
10Kilpatrick, Shane 564.351.7
11Crane, Steve 6411.752.3
12Adams, Mike 639.953.1
13Prange, Cyle 616.554.5
14Fisher, Kyle 626.455.6
15Melancon, Errol 7114.256.8
16Briggs, Ryan 679.058.0
17McCormick, Luke 7812.765.3


Congratulations to tonight's winners, Serge, Jessica, Holly, and Eric!

This was the third week of the third quarterback challenge of the season.
The results:
RankNameRound 1Round 2Round 3Total
1Vallee, Andrew575652165
2Darcovich, Ken555952166
3Reitlingshoefer, Claus596357179
4Adams, Mike596663188
4Crane, Steve556964188
6DeCoste, Holly597262193


Congratulations, to our Third Quartback Champion: Andrew!

The action continues at EttyvilleSS next week. It's the place to be on Tuesday!

[Edited by Paul Bourgeois on 04 Jul 2013 21:35]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lissyssil
Champion of Chains


Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 2558
Location: Aylmer, QC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preregistration list
(Pre-reg list is open until 3:30 on Tuesday, after which just get there on time and before I make the cards)

1. Holly (SP)
2. Penton
3. Nicest (SP)
4. C-Kyle
5. Disco (5CBx **9CBx Remain)
6. Claus (SP)
7. Dros (SP)
8. Circles
9. Dandy
10. Surgio
11. Thumber
12. Adams (5Cbx **24 Remain)

Jefrey A. Brother wrote:
I encourage you to use CBx for this week's TOSS event.

lissyssil wrote:

Here's the total CBx won by player as of June 19, 2013:

Adams, Mike 24
Briggs, Ryan 12
Crane, Steve 0
Darcovich, Ken 67
DeCoste, Holly 11
Fisher, Kyle 20
Hale, Rob 20
Lariviere, Jeff 12
Little, Ken 26
McCormick, Mike 0
Rowland, Geoff 6
Svetkoff, Ben 29
Symes, Nena 6
Vallee, Andrew 5.5
Weirdsma, Alex 81.50
Vinet, Eric 14
Visser, Carl 26


Paul Bourgeois wrote:
For those interested in the QB Challenge standings and how the pools might look next week:
RankHandicapNameRound 1Round 2Total
13.3Vallee, Andrew5756113
22.8Darcovich, Ken5559114
35.5Reitlingshoefer, Claus5963122
412.3Crane, Steve5569124
510.1Adams, Mike5966125
613.9DeCoste, Holly5972131
712.2Atos, Mark6567132
814.4Sivyer, Stacie7276148


[Edited by Jefrey A. Brother on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:01 pm]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Thumber
LNF Champion


Joined: 08 Nov 2007
Posts: 8273

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will these rounds count towards the CF Best of Gold Pass to the ODSA Championships?
_________________
meh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lissyssil
Champion of Chains


Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 2558
Location: Aylmer, QC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best Of Camp Fortune

1 - short tee
2 - short tee
3 - long tee
4 - same tee
5 - shorts
6 - longs
7 - longs
8 - longs
9 - shorts
10 - longs
11- longs
12 - shorts
13 - longs
14 - longs
15 - longs
16 - shorts
17 - same tee
18 - shorts
_________________
Go Sens!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lissyssil
Champion of Chains


Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 2558
Location: Aylmer, QC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumber wrote:
will these rounds count towards the CF Best of Gold Pass to the ODSA Championships?


By the regulations set out for a "competitive round" of CF best-of, only the card starting on Hole 1 will qualify. The rules (as can be found in the ODGC Tournaments Forum, under ODSA Club Qualifiers), state that a competitive round must start on hole 1.

Those are the rules as written, I leave it to JAB and/or Andros to modify these rules as they deem appropriate for TOSS.
_________________
Go Sens!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lissyssil
Champion of Chains


Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 2558
Location: Aylmer, QC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Best of Camp Fortune

- Only Competitive Rounds are allowed.
- Competitive Rounds must start at hole 1 and continue in proper order (1, 2, 3, 4, 5...17, 18 ); the round must be completed during the same visit; The PDGA Official Rules of Disc Golf will govern a Competitive Round; No 2m rule; No OB; All water falls under Casual Obstacles And Relief; No "Science Shots" or Practice Throws during a Competitive Round.
- A paper score card must be used during the round, and scored correctly.
- There must be at least 2 players listed on the score card and playing the Competitive Round. All players on the score card must be registered and current ODSA members.
- Scores, and cardmate(s), must be communicated to Andros or Jefrey A. Brother, within 48 hours, using the PM function on the Forum; a paper score card is needed to make an Official Score for the Championship Spot and should be handed off in a timely manner.
- What if there's a tie? To obtain a Best Score for Best Of, you must beat the Best Score posted outright. For example, if the Best Score for Best Of is a 48, to beat the score, you must shoot <48.

_________________
Go Sens!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rolly
King of Commentary


Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9820
Location: South East Division

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lissyssil wrote:
Quote:
Best of Camp Fortune

- Only Competitive Rounds are allowed.
- Competitive Rounds must start at hole 1 and continue in proper order (1, 2, 3, 4, 5...17, 18 ); the round must be completed during the same visit; The PDGA Official Rules of Disc Golf will govern a Competitive Round; No 2m rule; No OB; All water falls under Casual Obstacles And Relief; No "Science Shots" or Practice Throws during a Competitive Round.
- A paper score card must be used during the round, and scored correctly.
- There must be at least 2 players listed on the score card and playing the Competitive Round. All players on the score card must be registered and current ODSA members.
- Scores, and cardmate(s), must be communicated to Andros or Jefrey A. Brother, within 48 hours, using the PM function on the Forum; a paper score card is needed to make an Official Score for the Championship Spot and should be handed off in a timely manner.
- What if there's a tie? To obtain a Best Score for Best Of, you must beat the Best Score posted outright. For example, if the Best Score for Best Of is a 48, to beat the score, you must shoot <48.


Is a competitive round an ODGC event? Or can Shane and I go play a competitive round 10c a hole?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey


Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 10042
Location: First tee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolly wrote:
lissyssil wrote:
Quote:
Best of Camp Fortune

- Only Competitive Rounds are allowed.
- Competitive Rounds must start at hole 1 and continue in proper order (1, 2, 3, 4, 5...17, 18 ); the round must be completed during the same visit; The PDGA Official Rules of Disc Golf will govern a Competitive Round; No 2m rule; No OB; All water falls under Casual Obstacles And Relief; No "Science Shots" or Practice Throws during a Competitive Round.
- A paper score card must be used during the round, and scored correctly.
- There must be at least 2 players listed on the score card and playing the Competitive Round. All players on the score card must be registered and current ODSA members.
- Scores, and cardmate(s), must be communicated to Andros or Jefrey A. Brother, within 48 hours, using the PM function on the Forum; a paper score card is needed to make an Official Score for the Championship Spot and should be handed off in a timely manner.
- What if there's a tie? To obtain a Best Score for Best Of, you must beat the Best Score posted outright. For example, if the Best Score for Best Of is a 48, to beat the score, you must shoot <48.


Is a competitive round an ODGC event? Or can Shane and I go play a competitive round 10c a hole?


It can be played at any time, and if you want to play for 10c a hole, have at'er. A competitive round can be an ODGC event. And since this is an ODGC event, all rounds this TOSS [9] can count towards a Gold Spot, regardless if you start on 1 or not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Holly D
Overflow Overlord


Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Posts: 4302
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In.
_________________
1020 rated lunch preparationist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey


Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 10042
Location: First tee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can run this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lissyssil
Champion of Chains


Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 2558
Location: Aylmer, QC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you sir. smile
_________________
Go Sens!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey


Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 10042
Location: First tee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I encourage you to use CBx for this week's TOSS event.

lissyssil wrote:

Here's the total CBx won by player as of June 19, 2013:

Adams, Mike 34
Briggs, Ryan 12
Crane, Steve 33
Darcovich, Ken 67
DeCoste, Holly 11
Fisher, Kyle 20
Hale, Rob 20
Lariviere, Jeff 12
Little, Ken 26
McCormick, Mike 7
Rowland, Geoff 6
Svetkoff, Ben 29
Symes, Nena 6
Vallee, Andrew 70.50
Weirdsma, Alex 81.50
Vinet, Eric 14
Visser, Carl 26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Holly D
Overflow Overlord


Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Posts: 4302
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season pass. big grin
_________________
1020 rated lunch preparationist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
The Nicest of The Damned
Ace Race Champion


Joined: 20 Apr 2011
Posts: 346

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hodor.

Hey, y'know what I haven't done in a while? Played a round at Camp Fortune. I should really do that on Tuesday.
_________________
Don't you miss the days when you used to be nostalgic?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
C-Kyle
Spin Doctor


Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 1217

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in...I would like to play my match with Rico and neither of us r in the QB so if we could be on a card together that would be swell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disco rico
Falling Colours Champion


Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Posts: 4147
Location: ... L'Orignal Beach or Queensway Club House ...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Kyle wrote:
I am in...I would like to play my match with Rico and neither of us r in the QB so if we could be on a card together that would be swell


In ... today is the first day I don't go to CF since WED june 12th .... Confused

I'm in withdrawl ...
_________________
Just one more Wishbone !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
clausr
MOD Champion


Joined: 13 Jun 2002
Posts: 1486
Location: Kanata

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
andros
ODGC Presidents Cup Champion


Joined: 10 Oct 2006
Posts: 8377
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In. Season pass as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Circles
Mid-Ranger


Joined: 10 May 2011
Posts: 161
Location: Pontiac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In.
_________________
"That wasn't an ace; well it was, but it wasn't." Brother A. Jefrey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Tuesday Stroke Play League All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
RSS Feed for Latest Posts