Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Course Conversations -> What's your favourite disc golf hole in Ottawa area?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
axelfudge
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: What's your favourite disc golf hole in Ottawa area? Reply with quote

When I make the trek from Camp Fortune number 4 to CF number 5 and step up on the tee pad I have to take a moment and just take it all in.

This hole is a beauty. Getting to watch the disc soar down towards the hole is just an amazing sight with the beauty of the Gatineau Park all around you.

It's easily my favourite hole in the Ottawa area. What's yours?
Thumber
LNF Champion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The triple punch of #4, 5, 6 at Alcove certainly spring to mind.
briggs
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your favourite disc golf hole in Ottawa area? Reply with quote

axelfudge wrote:
When I make the trek from Camp Fortune number 4 to CF number 5 and step up on the tee pad I have to take a moment and just take it all in.

This hole is a beauty. Getting to watch the disc soar down towards the hole is just an amazing sight with the beauty of the Gatineau Park all around you.

It's easily my favourite hole in the Ottawa area. What's yours?

The first round I ever played in Ottawa was at Camp Fortune, when I was visiting before I lived here. I had been raised on North Bay's former ski hill course and wanted to see what CF was like in comparison.

I had a great round my first time there and took $5 from claus and a couple others with some beginners luck. I remember being second off the blocks on that hole after Claus. He parked a flick and I couldn't believe the disc actually went that far. I put a backhand out over the trees on the right that faded just over the top of the tree line and landed just past the ditch for a two as well.

After a few years here now, it's pretty hard to pick a favourite hole. The double dog leg holes at Ettyville before and after the back 40 are definitely up there. CFLNF with the waterfall is another top 5, and you have to love 6 - 8 on CFLNF from the top of the ski lift to the parking lot as well.

The Big man hole that goes along the north side of the baseball diamond with that thin fairway and it's snarb and OB with the elevated green has to be up there too.

Kanata #3 is my least favourite hole, not because it's not a good hole but because it has caused me the most DG pain.
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 5 (that have been Ottawa holes)

5. JCP Orchard hole
4. Alcove 5
3. CF 10
2. Flat Mountain 18
1. JCP 18
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh JCP 18. Almost forgot about that beauty.
OMR
ODGC Marketing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh Flat Mountain 18, 777ft of curvy danger.

Look at the satellite view of it by searching for 10368 French Settlement Rd, Mountain, ON, Canada... It's the long hole that starts at the furthest south point and goes north-west.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=10368+French+Settlement+Rd,+Mountain,+ON,+Canada&hl=en&ll=45.086793,-75.556401&spn=0.003886,0.008411&sll=45.250157,-75.800257&sspn=0.495975,1.07666&oq=10368&t=h&hnear=10368+French+Settlement+Rd,+Mountain,+Ontario+K0E+1S0,+Canada&z=17
Circles
Mid-Ranger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CP # 16 and now that I've played it Alcove # 5.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Course Conversations All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: