Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Special Events -> Marketing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Marketing Reply with quote

Looking for ideas and actual plans to get the ideas to come to fruition.

I have Old Man (ODGC Marketing) on board, of course, and Meldrum has offered his knowledge and guidance. This is a great opportunity for someone to pad their resume and venture into the exciting world of communications.
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brainstorming

- magazines: Ottawa Magazine, Ottawa Parenting Mag, Ottawa Outdoors
- radio: CBC Morning, The Team, 88.5 Grasscrashers

Need a press release
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OCUA will let us advertise in their newsletter, though I've heard it's got about a 10% readership from the OCUA ranks.
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Man is running with this. Thanks Old Man. He's got some great ideas, may need some help, so if this is something that interests you...

This weekend is about selling the SPORT, not the Club.
OMR
ODGC Marketing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was approached last night by Ryan Watson in regards to having a special event at an Ottawa Fury's half-time show.

The basic deal is we pay them $1500 which gets us 50 tickets plus 12 minutes at half time to demonstrate DG and an hour before the game to setup and play a (par-2) round around the field.

My question is, is this something the ODGC would be interested in subsidizing in order to get eyes on the sport or should it be considered a regular "event" run by a TD (Ryan), in which case it's unlikely to have the numbers at a reasonable price to make it happen.

There's also a question of scheduling. Looks like the only avail game date that doesn't coincide with an existing tournament is Oct 8.

Last edited by OMR on Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$1500 for 50 tix is $30/ticket, which is the going rate for the premium tickets. (most kids in the city are getting in for free if they play soccer)

IF, breaking even is required, we need 50 adults to buy tickets @ $30/pop (we have <50 members)

BUT, if this is the cost of advertising, maybe this is good. Is $1500 a good rate? We spent more on the weekend at Hog's Back. This would get +2000 set of eyes, plus maybe social media. No way Hog's Back got these numbers.

Would the price change if we brought in a disc manufacturer to help share the costs? Would we go from a "club" or "non-profit" to commercial and change the costs? This would mean Ryan would have to use the disc manufacturer discs only, which he'd probably be fine with.

This is pretty awesome that Ryan is looking into shit like this. I wonder what the Outlaws would charge? (Their marketing coordinator used to be the lovely lady that used to run OCUA, who likes disc golf)

I would pay $30 to go to this game. I would use my kids free passes to get them in, though. (Saving $90)

(If anyone would like to post in here and become part of the group, PM me, not Jefrey A. Brother)
OMR
ODGC Marketing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, we have 25 members currently.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Special Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: