Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Ice League -> Ottawa Ice Bowl XII - Saturday February 9, 2013 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
disco rico
Falling Colours Champion


Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Posts: 4147
Location: ... L'Orignal Beach or Queensway Club House ...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... We need an injured division ... Confused
_________________
Just one more Wishbone !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill


Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Posts: 3702
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disco rico wrote:
... We need an injured division ... Confused


I'd fill up pretty quick...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Holly D
Overflow Overlord


Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Posts: 4302
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disco rico wrote:
... We need an injured division ... Confused


Historically, it's called "Ice Queens".
_________________
1020 rated lunch preparationist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
andros
ODGC Presidents Cup Champion


Joined: 10 Oct 2006
Posts: 8371
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a heads up regarding the parking for this weekend's Ice Bowl;
I'm sure most of you noticed how full the parking lot next to the seniors centre was
this past IL at Kanata. This is because the seniors play bridge every Saturday starting at 12:30pm
and therefore I am asking those attending the Ice Bowl NOT to park in this lot but where we have been parking for Ice League around and on the other side of the Mlacak arena as shown in this map;



I have requested the use of 3 of their parking spots to use for HQ, my vehicle and the food bank van respectively. Please feel free to drive up and drop off your food donations at HQ then go and park your vehicle then walk over to HQ.

If there are any issues regarding this feel free to send me a PM.
_________________
Hyzer enthusiast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Holly D
Overflow Overlord


Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Posts: 4302
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andros wrote:
Just a heads up regarding the parking for this weekend's Ice Bowl;
I'm sure most of you noticed how full the parking lot next to the seniors centre was
this past IL at Kanata. This is because the seniors play bridge every Saturday starting at 12:30pm
and therefore I am asking those attending the Ice Bowl NOT to park in this lot but where we have been parking for Ice League around and on the other side of the Mlacak arena as shown in this map;



I have requested the use of 3 of their parking spots to use for HQ, my vehicle and the food bank van respectively. Please feel free to drive up and drop off your food donations at HQ then go and park your vehicle then walk over to HQ.

If there are any issues regarding this feel free to keep them to yourselves.


FTFY
_________________
1020 rated lunch preparationist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
st-ACE
Big-Arm


Joined: 22 Jun 2005
Posts: 933
Location: Wakefield, Quebec, CA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nena and I are in.
We're bringing lawn chairs, a habatchi and some sausage and buns, pop (beer?), etc.
Us ladies are going to kick it P. lot styles at lunch, we'll probably sell grub and food at minimal charge. Please let me know if you think you'll want in, just so i know what I'm aiming for at the store on Friday.

Also, can someone please tell me where the after party/ auction is? And at what time its scheduled to start?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
st-ACE
Big-Arm


Joined: 22 Jun 2005
Posts: 933
Location: Wakefield, Quebec, CA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermind, found it: The Burbs 4-9pm. 501 Hazeldean Kanata
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
andros
ODGC Presidents Cup Champion


Joined: 10 Oct 2006
Posts: 8371
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

st-ACE wrote:
Nena and I are in.

Nice, glad you can join us.

There are only glow wizards left but still a small selection of toques for you to choose from; http://www.odgc.ca/forums/viewtopic.php?p=130519

st-ACE wrote:

We're bringing lawn chairs, a habatchi and some sausage and buns, pop (beer?), etc.
Us ladies are going to kick it P. lot styles at lunch, we'll probably sell grub and food at minimal charge. Please let me know if you think you'll want in, just so i know what I'm aiming for at the store on Friday.


Lunch is not provided this year so its everyone for themselves, I encourage you to cook your own.
_________________
Hyzer enthusiast


Last edited by andros on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Holly D
Overflow Overlord


Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Posts: 4302
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's tomorrow!

Just one more sleep!
_________________
1020 rated lunch preparationist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Circles
Mid-Ranger


Joined: 10 May 2011
Posts: 161
Location: Pontiac

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

st-ACE wrote:
Nena and I are in.
We're bringing lawn chairs, a habatchi and some sausage and buns, pop (beer?), etc.
Us ladies are going to kick it P. lot styles at lunch, we'll probably sell grub and food at minimal charge. Please let me know if you think you'll want in, just so i know what I'm aiming for at the store on Friday.

Also, can someone please tell me where the after party/ auction is? And at what time its scheduled to start?


So if i bring sausages, could they possibly be cooked on your habatchi?

Errol
_________________
"That wasn't an ace; well it was, but it wasn't." Brother A. Jefrey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Holly D
Overflow Overlord


Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Posts: 4302
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far the club to beat is Christie Lake. They brought in $825 and 751lbs.

Last year we had the second most successful ice bowl, getting beat out by Durham Bridge, New Brunswick.

Ottawa: 34 participants, $3152, 620lbs
Durham Bridge: 63 participants, $3675, 1331lbs
_________________
1020 rated lunch preparationist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
andros
ODGC Presidents Cup Champion


Joined: 10 Oct 2006
Posts: 8371
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly D wrote:
So far the club to beat is Christie Lake. They brought in $825 and 751lbs.

Last year we had the second most successful ice bowl, getting beat out by Durham Bridge, New Brunswick.

Ottawa: 34 participants, $3152, 620lbs
Durham Bridge: 63 participants, $3675, 1331lbs


We've already got Christie beat in $ donations thanks to the carry over from IL. thumbsup
_________________
Hyzer enthusiast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Holly D
Overflow Overlord


Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Posts: 4302
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andros wrote:
Holly D wrote:
So far the club to beat is Christie Lake. They brought in $825 and 751lbs.

Last year we had the second most successful ice bowl, getting beat out by Durham Bridge, New Brunswick.

Ottawa: 34 participants, $3152, 620lbs
Durham Bridge: 63 participants, $3675, 1331lbs


We've already got Christie beat in $ donations thanks to the carry over from IL. thumbsup


I figured.

Get out there and buy some heavy food, folks!
_________________
1020 rated lunch preparationist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
andros
ODGC Presidents Cup Champion


Joined: 10 Oct 2006
Posts: 8371
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly D wrote:

Get out there and buy some heavy food, folks!


The best bang for your buck IMO is big bags of rice, cooking oil and canned goods.
_________________
Hyzer enthusiast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Holly D
Overflow Overlord


Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Posts: 4302
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andros wrote:
Holly D wrote:

Get out there and buy some heavy food, folks!


The best bang for your buck IMO is big bags of rice, cooking oil and canned goods.


The most needed items: http://goo.gl/JAGpV

I think there is a sale on juice at Metro.
_________________
1020 rated lunch preparationist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
disco rico
Falling Colours Champion


Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Posts: 4147
Location: ... L'Orignal Beach or Queensway Club House ...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disco makes a promise of almost a half pallet ... and it's going to be a heavy half pallet ... Shocked
_________________
Just one more Wishbone !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey


Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 10042
Location: First tee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disco rico wrote:
Disco makes a promise of almost a half pallet ... and it's going to be a heavy half pallet ... Shocked


Disco rules!
_________________
Boyle says BOOM!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disco rico
Falling Colours Champion


Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Posts: 4147
Location: ... L'Orignal Beach or Queensway Club House ...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of ..

-- Ketchup weight is significant , everybody uses it .. and it relatively cheap...
-- Big cans of juice weight is significant , everybody drinks it .. and is relatively cheap...
-- Big cans of pasta sauce weight is significant , everybody needs it .. and is relatively cheap ...

Buy it by the case , it's easier to transport and stacks better ..

You can buy a 40 lbs case of ketchup for about 20 bucks ... just sayin' ..

Look for it on sale , get MORE !!!
_________________
Just one more Wishbone !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
st-ACE
Big-Arm


Joined: 22 Jun 2005
Posts: 933
Location: Wakefield, Quebec, CA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Circles wrote:
st-ACE wrote:
Nena and I are in.
We're bringing lawn chairs, a habatchi and some sausage and buns, pop (beer?), etc.
Us ladies are going to kick it P. lot styles at lunch, we'll probably sell grub and food at minimal charge. Please let me know if you think you'll want in, just so i know what I'm aiming for at the store on Friday.

Also, can someone please tell me where the after party/ auction is? And at what time its scheduled to start?


So if i bring sausages, could they possibly be cooked on your habatchi?

Errol


Yes, most Def
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion


Joined: 09 Nov 2005
Posts: 6929
Location: Dog River

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess it's a ribbon day tomorrow.
_________________
If you can't win the event in regulation, try, try, try again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Ice League All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
RSS Feed for Latest Posts