Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf Rules & Course Safety -> 803.06 Optional Rethrow
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: 803.06 Optional Rethrow Reply with quote

803.06 Optional Rethrow

At any time, a player may elect to rethrow from the previous lie as evidenced by the marker disc or, if the marker disc has been moved, from an approximate lie as agreed to by the majority of the group or an official. The original throw plus one penalty throw are counted in the player's score.
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this in action at Ettyville.

A member of our card, with lines of Royalty, stepped up to #11 and threw his Buzzz into a tree on the left side of the fairway and shot 50' to the right, into the shite.

Someone (me) mentioned the Rethrow rule and the King took the opportunity to be part of history. A thumber was used this time, but the results were almost identical and he found himself 2 feet off his initial throw.

Re-reading the rule, we should have made sure that the King looked at his lie first and from there made the decision on whether a rethrow would be a better option.
andros
ODGC Presidents Cup Champion

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live and learn.
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw it again in use on Tuesday.

This was a great time saver. The player who used it put themselves into such a horrible place, that not only were they going to take a stroke, but were going to take another from were their new lie was going to be. A great tool for the beginner golfer playing competitively.
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great tool stupid rule, shoot where it lands unless you risk death. this aint no white ball wussie version of golf.
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For any golfer rated over 920, this rule will only be used in extreme cases, me thinks. I think there may be times were you wished you used the rule, instead of trying to get out of the crap you got yourself in, but I think most of us will find we will do just fine from our thrown lie.
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im going to think back to that crappy round a tthe goat, there must have been 1x I should have used this. I need an explenation of this in live person, I think I got the rule, but it sounds to wierd to be true,
Thumber
LNF Champion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolly wrote:
Im going to think back to that crappy round a tthe goat, there must have been 1x I should have used this. I need an explenation of this in live person, I think I got the rule, but it sounds to wierd to be true,

I should have used it when I shanked my drive on 10 at the Goat. I was deep in the shite on the right and it took 2 just to get back out on the fairway.

Redrive may have seen me in a better position to try for a 5 instead of chitty 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf Rules & Course Safety All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: