Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf Rules & Course Safety -> Is an Ultimate Disc Legal?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamsm
Driver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Is an Ultimate Disc Legal? Reply with quote

Just curious, is an Ultimate (Ultra-star or Daredevil ultimate disc) a legal disc for Disc Golf?

I always play with a single disc and use it's landing spot as my pivot spot (one foot remains where the disc lands but allowed to step out in any direction from there as long as my pivot foot remains contacted).
I think in official Disc golf I would need to throw from behind my landing spot but be allowed a run up? Is this true?

Thanks!
Mike
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can use an ulti disc.

Your next two points are correct as well, except when you are in the 10m putting circle.
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Is an Ultimate Disc Legal? Reply with quote

adamsm wrote:

I always play with a single disc and use it's landing spot as my pivot spot (one foot remains where the disc lands but allowed to step out in any direction from there as long as my pivot foot remains contacted).
I think in official Disc golf I would need to throw from behind my landing spot but be allowed a run up? Is this true?

Thanks!
Mike

Correction. You must have one foot behind your marker and you can step out in any direction except closer to the basket. Your "step out foot" can't be past your marker. If you're running up for your shot, you can step past your marker as long as you released the disc before doing so. In the 10m putting circle you must stay behind your marker until the disc has come to a rest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf Rules & Course Safety All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: