Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Tuesday Stroke Play League -> TOSS 2010 Acknowledgements and Words of Appreciation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Bourgeois
ODGC Tuesday Night Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: TOSS 2010 Acknowledgements and Words of Appreciation Reply with quote

The Tuesday Ottawa Stroke play Series has completed it's fifth season, and what a great year it was! We played disc golf on four different courses across the National Capital Region, and it can be said that we had a wonderful time doing it. Here are some of the people that deserve our thanks for making this season the most well-attended since we started playing golf on Tuesday nights.

Owning and maintaining a course requires tremendous effort. Join me in offering a thank-you to John Pytel and Rob Wormald for making their courses available to us a total of six times this season. Starting and finishing the season at "The Shire" has become a TOSS tradition, and Rob has been a gracious host every time we're there. John has seen to it that Ettyville Super Spin has grown into a remarkable course in its short history, and he continues to amaze by making sure everyone is comfortable and enjoys themselves while they're ripped apart by the amazingly diverse challenges his course has to offer. It was truly an honour to compete there a total of four times during those long days of sunshine through the season.

Thanks go out to everyone, and there are a lot of you out there, who worked so hard to make the Camp Fortune Disc Golf experience the most enjoyable I can ever remember it being. New tee pads, new signs, a layout that looks like it should age with dignity, manicured conditions from the beginning of the season to the end, these are what I'll remember as the major contributors to a fantastic disc golf experience. The way that everyone applied themselves and their skills to this task meant we had working equipment through the season, and the vision and drive to use it to full effect.

Another thank-you to the crew that respun the parts of the Kanata Course that needed our attention, from the design committee to the work crew that made it happen. The City of Ottawa has been incredibly accommodating of our efforts to keep disc golf in this part of the city, and it is only through our continued attention to the needs of this course and the surrounding community that we can hope to keep and grow disc golf as an offering to the people who call Ottawa their home.

More personally, I'd like to thank Geoff Penton and Ben Svetkoff for being the two people who enabled each event on game day. No event is a one-man show, and the relief you guys provided in the way of transportation, installation of temporary course layouts, assistance with processing round results, and your undying patience in view of all of the running around and general craziness that seems so emphasized in preparing for and completing each of the events was representative of your magnanimous generosity. I don't know how I could have made it through the season without the helping hands made available by you guys each and every week.

Finally, I'd like to thank everyone who participated regularly on Tuesdays this year. Each of these events is its own little tournament, and tournaments are a lot of work to prepare yourself for. They require a commitment to knowing the rules of the game, the rules of the course, and an understanding of the etiquette that has made Tuesday evenings such a satisfying undertaking. This year's list of regular participants is the longest it's ever been. Your commitment to the league and the respect you have shown for your fellow competitors has made TOSS something very special.

Thanks to all of you for an amazing TOSS 2010 season!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Tuesday Stroke Play League All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: