Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Other Events -> Lost In Lennox 3 Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C.T.PETE
Tonal Pole

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DId you Know ? Hotel Wellington is on Wellington st....and Wellington st. turns into Queen st by the time you hit Lennoxwille ( 4 minute drive south on Wellington st.) Just take a left into the ' Blue Seal Nuriture pour Animaux" parking lot. Its the buisness immediatey after " La Marquise Motel". If you arrive early enough, check out the Golf de L'Estrie course:
http://sites.google.com/site/discgolfdelestrie/contact-us
its about 12 minute ride away from your hotel
See you soon
lissyssil
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the first round, Old Man is leading Open by one stroke, Surge is ten back at 55, and I'm leading Am3 by 9 with a 56. Ottawa is representing! And all the discussion this morning was about how afraid they are of our Pelican team. wink
deuce
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lissyssil wrote:
At the end of the first round, Old Man is leading Open by one stroke, Surge is ten back at 55, and I'm leading Am3 by 9 with a 56. Ottawa is representing! And all the discussion this morning was about how afraid they are of our Pelican team. wink

Good job guys! Hope the second round went as well as the first!

They should be afraid, very afraid!
zoom
Mid-Ranger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ohhhhhhhhhh.....

wink
C.T.PETE
Tonal Pole

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old man led the Open division by one closterphobic stroke after round one. This got the Pelicans squawking. Ville Emard sensation Pat Huot, who opened the day by acing his first hole, played with focus and determination in the second round and cruised to a solid 5-6 stroke lead to take his second title in the Lennoxville jungle. Newly crowned Quebec Champion Mark Doucette, out on day parole, took second place.

Kri alone in Am 1 women ,played well enough to crush any would be competion had they dared attended ,and deservedly added to her trophy case.

Schneegs fueled by neetle bud ,fought of Bib in an exciting 4 hole play-off for the win in AM1.

Francois X, Imune to the ravages of tree trunks took Am 2

A determined and talented Stephanie took Am2 womens in her second ever tournament.

The Fabulous Mark Atos also in his second tournament, battled an over-worked course maintenace officer, Mike lizotte for the win in Am 3.

4 aces, Pat, Simon, Ben and Surge

Ben Primeau " rich kid " ( named after his $ 500 ace last weekend) won the 'Princess" award. The award is presented to the player who demonstates the least of appreciations for the stinging nettles and is presented as a ' players choice ' award.

Omar won the 2003 USDGC Roc for top Ottawanarian score.

I had the best of times, thanks to everyone for showing up and doing all the helpful little things you did, it is all so very appreciated

Here are a few quickly added photos, more to come : http://picasaweb.google.com/DiscgolfSherbrookephoto/LostInLennox3#slideshow/5497781439576763410

Last edited by C.T.PETE on Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total
OMR
ODGC Marketing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Peter for an awesome day! It was great being on the first round card with you & Steph. We had a really good time (me & the scorekeeper - aka caddy-in-training, Jen).
lissyssil
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely concur with OMR. It was a fun filled day, and Ben, leRon, and Schneegs made the first round (that I spent a lot of time frustrated on, banging off trees left, right, and even centre of fairways on) far more tolerable than it should have been.

My second round, I caught fire on the last eight holes, scoring five birds, two par and one bogey, to complement the two birds and three boges on the front nine, finishing the round with a -3 48 (first round was a +5 56). (The course was limited to seventeen holes yesterday) Thanks go to Pete's brother Mike, and Steph, the only AM2 Women in the tourney for playing that round with me, and repeatedly reminding me just how far that horseshoe was up there... I'd say that four of the birds that I got on the back eight came as a result of nicking a tree with my drive and ending up parked within four or five feet of the tonal. What a day.

I think I took home the AM3 title with a margin of 20-30 strokes. In fact, I finished so well that I could have won AM2 by 12 strokes, and placed fourth in AM1. Yes, I played off the short Tee Pads, but I think they only made a difference on perhaps three of the holes on the course.

Capped the day off with a 90 minute convoy to Bib's for barbeque, and an incredibly tiring drive home to Aylmer, arriving at about 1:30am.

Brought home a DX Shark as part of the player's pack, and an R-Pro Dart for the AM3 win. All-in-all, a fun, smoothly running event, on an incredibly tight and technical course. Chapeau to CTPete, and I'm definitely looking forward to the Sherbrooke Open.

Congratulations also to OMR for a strong showing, collecting the 2003 USDGC Champion Roc, and to Surge for the Ace on a tight fairwayed hole 10.

My recommendation to anyone who was even possibly considering playing this event is that they not miss it next year, the course is a significant change from what we have here in Ottawa, and you won't be disappointed, either by the course, or by the participants.

Last edited by lissyssil on Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Other Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: