Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Lost and Found / Select Classifieds -> Ace Race Disc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DiscDiggler
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Ace Race Disc Reply with quote

Does anyone have an Ace Race disc (unmarked) that they want to trade for another disc?

No Ace Race in our part of town. I was speaking with Keith from DISCraft and he said this is like a Sidewinder. Is this true?

BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Ace Race Disc Reply with quote

Do you want it unthrown? If not you could probably have mine after I'm done with it on Saturday.
Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Ace Race Disc Reply with quote

Half of the tournament is already over, so maybe some of those who were there can comment on how it flies.

It certainly doesn't look like a Sidewinder... it looks rather bizarre!

This next pic is awesome!

[This message has been edited by Don Lane (edited October 05, 2005).]

Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Ace Race Disc Reply with quote

The first full drive I threw with it resulted in a heroic S shot that snaked around trees and travelled some 425+ feet. The next 5 throws looked nothing like the first.

In my hand it's flippy and somewhat unpredictable, but I think there are those who will love it.

Will Ferrell

DiscDiggler
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Ace Race Disc Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by BigBrotherPenton:
Do you want it unthrown? If not you could probably have mine after I'm done with it on Saturday.

No worries about unthrown, just no name.

BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Ace Race Disc Reply with quote

I'm getting 2, so one is for sure yours.
DiscDiggler
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Ace Race Disc Reply with quote

Sweet, what do you want for it?

I got a Nike - Maple Leaf jump suit that doesnt fit Paige anymore hehe

BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Ace Race Disc Reply with quote

What kind of a father are you? Mentioning the Leafs and your daughter's name in the same sentence. Sad, sad.

You can just have it. No worries.

Wilder
Mid-Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Ace Race Disc Reply with quote

this disc is great for us juniors because we don't have the power to turn it over so it just goes straight for a long time

------------------
Have fun and keep playing disc golf!

Bevanoid
Mid-Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Ace Race Disc Reply with quote

Ya, and it's got pretty good glide too
redline
Spin Doctor

Location: My canoe has run out of pancakes and the skidoo needs more woodchips.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Ace Race Disc Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by DiscDiggler:

No Ace Race in our part of town. I was speaking with Keith from DISCraft and he said this is like a Sidewinder. Is this true?

Most of us found the disc to be high-speed understable with a stable finish. BBP rolled one pretty far too. In this sense it is somewhat like a sidewinder. The thumbtrack groove in the top of the disc certainly helps with the glide, but even at the heavier weights (174g) it seemed very sensitive to wind conditions. I'll bet it would fly really well on a calm day. A fun disc to throw, though.

There was some talk about holding an ace-race prototype disc only tournament some time. A fun idea I think.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Lost and Found / Select Classifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: