Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf Rules & Course Safety -> Rule of the Week 6 - 804.06 Grouping and Sectioning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Rule of the Week 6 - 804.06 Grouping and Sectioning Reply with quote

With the Capital Classic on the horizon, I'd thought it would be good to do a couple of PDGA Tournament Procedure rules going:

804.06 Grouping and Sectioning

A. Professional and Amateur players should not be grouped together, and all players from different divisions shall be segregated from each other during play as much as practicable.

B. All players within a division should be randomly grouped for the first round and grouped by cumulative score for each round thereafter.

C. Groups shall not be less than three players, except under extenuating circumstances, as deemed necessary by the director, to promote fairness. In cases where fewer than three players are required to play together, an official is required to accompany the group and may play as long as this does not interfere with the competing players.

D. When there are more entrants than can play together in one round, the field of competitors may be split into sections or pools.

E. If conditions differentially affect play among sections, the director may consider using a sectioning procedure for cut and advancement. Under this procedure, a proportionate number of advancing players are taken from each section by score and the scores are not carried forward.

Last edited by BigBrotherPenton on Wed May 13, 2009 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Steve Rydell
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had many rounds of golf affected by these rules because I am often in the basement of my division.

Some highlights:
Breezy Trees -> nearly getting DQ'd when I ended up with a card of two people and played the round(this was before I knew of these rules). Since I was last in AM2 and the other guy was the only AM3 The TD didn't bother.

Toronto Island Open:
Being deprived of a head to head match up with Paul B. for the bottom of Am1 division when the rest of our card didn't show up. We ended up being split apart and put on the two trios of the women's division.

World's in Kalamazoo:
Ended up on three different cards and playing with 7 different people in one round because people showed up late and others didn't show up at all. It was fun watching the TD scrambling to make it right. I ended up having to walk a couple of holes because I had played them and others on my card had not.
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is whacked.
burjwahzeh
Overflow Overlord

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Rydell wrote:
...Toronto Island Open:
Being deprived of a head to head match up with Paul B. for the bottom of Am1 division when the rest of our card didn't show up. We ended up being split apart and put on the two trios of the women's division.
Ah, the memories....

Steve Rydell wrote:
World's in Kalamazoo:
Ended up on three different cards and playing with 7 different people in one round because people showed up late and others didn't show up at all. It was fun watching the TD scrambling to make it right. I ended up having to walk a couple of holes because I had played them and others on my card had not.

This is criminal. I hope the late comers were properly penalized. Waffling by the staff isn't cool either.
burjwahzeh
Overflow Overlord

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A note on 804.06 Grouping and Sectioning: A. Professional and Amateur players should not be grouped together...

The word "should" is important here. It allows mixing to happen, but the TD "should" also be prepared to provide an explanation to anyone that might complain.
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Rydell wrote:

Toronto Island Open:

I also had to play a round with the women. I can't remember the situation, but I believe there were two of us left for a card and I got to play in with Elaine, Burl and Jenkins. I did not complain smile and actually won the card that round. I did have to go swimming in front of them as well embarrassment
OMR
ODGC Marketing

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perv.
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMR wrote:
perv.

OMR->

Last edited by Roxie on Wed May 13, 2009 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
OMR
ODGC Marketing

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i *am* a slow cooker!
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, just slow. big grin
BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are funny.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf Rules & Course Safety All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: