Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf Rules & Course Safety -> Rule of the Week 1 - 803.05 Obstacles and Relief Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
burjwahzeh
Overflow Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBrotherPenton wrote:
I played FM last night and spent a lot of time in the woods. It's not that hard to avoid the sticks and branches between my lie and the basket.

Exactly.

The rule just prevents you from clearing out all kinds of space around you, and from clearing space in front of you.

It also prevents you from leaving a path of destruction through anything that would be considered an obstacle.

The sticks and branches between the lie and the basket are what is most important, after all. Everything else is history.
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your kind of wrong. the rule prevents me from clearing stuff out after lie is established. I can clear stuff out legally before lie is established according to rules guy.. Since lie is established when I announce I see the disc, or the group finds it, I can therefore by the rules move stuff before hand.
I think you should be penalized if you break something between your disc and the basket, even if you break it and don't know its between your lie and the basket until after. Because in essence its still the same foul,

Last edited by Rolly on Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
burjwahzeh
Overflow Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolly wrote:
Your kind of wrong. the rule prevents me from clearing stuff out after lie is established. I can clear stuff out legally before lie is established according to rules guy.. Since lie is established when I announce I see the disc, or the group finds it, I can therefore by the rules move stuff before hand.
I think you should be penalized if you break something between your disc and the basket, even if you break it and don't know its between your lie and the basket until after. Because in essence its still the same foul,

I have a lengthy, PDGA-Approved response to this. You'll enjoy it. I'll post it in a day or two. It has to be vetted by the PDGA rules committee first (and may even end up on their website).
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate gray area's in rules, and they have one.
In soccer they modified the offside rule, and its a complete abortion what they have now. A goal might cost a team in the EPL 40 million pounds or dollars, that sucks.
burjwahzeh
Overflow Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolly wrote:
I hate gray area's in rules, and they have one.
In soccer they modified the offside rule, and its a complete abortion what they have now. A goal might cost a team in the EPL 40 million pounds or dollars, that sucks.

All rules have gray areas.

Sports rules are all about cases.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf Rules & Course Safety All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: