Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Ice League -> Ice Aution items Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Splash
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another day, another couple of items added to the Ice Bowl's annual Ice Auction.

Nice to see that a few more people have signed up, although we still have about three cards of players to fill the tournament up. Last year we had lots of entries in the final few days, so perhaps that will be the same thing this year.

The player pack discs will arrive on Saturday, and I'll start posting the specific discs in one of the Ice Bowl threads. If you have pre-paid, you can request a specific disc, so get those cheques in to us, either through the mail or better yet, at the last Ice League event this upcoming Saturday.

CANADIAN NATIONAL TEAM CLOTHING FROM THE 2006 MELBOURNE COMMONWEALTH GAMES

These items, are all brand new items left over from the Canadian National Team clothing package for the 2006 Commonwealth Games in Melbourne, Australia. We've got various shirts, team hats, and oversized shorts in L, XL, and XXL. All are made by HBC, and carry the logo from the most recent Commonwealth Games.

When all the sports were housed in the same sports complex, it was easier to get 'remainder' clothing from Major Games and World Championships in various sports. Now where my office is located, we only have a few national and international sports together (Football, Wheelchair Sports, Archery, and the Commonwealth Games), but at least it offers a few such opportunities.
Splash
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2003 TORONTO ISLAND OPEN STREET CAR LOGO 170g ELITE-Z CYCLONE

This Elite-Z Cyclone has a Stability of 1.5 in the Discraft rating system, and is "a legendary driver that players come back for again and again. In the mid-90s, the Cyclone™ ruled the tee, and ushered in the era of golf drivers made from high-tech engineered polymers. It's easy to control whether you're going straight, hyzer or anhyzer. A disc golf standard."

It's an "Extra Long Range Driver" that newer players find easier to control, and is a great transition disc as you learn how to throw a driver well.

ODGC CARRIE 'BURL' BERLOGAR SIGNED 174g ORC

This white disc with a crisp ODGC logo was signed by Burl at the Toronto Island Open a couple of years ago. She went on to win that tournament by a healthy margin, as well as another 10 events that year plus another 11 this past season, winning about $20,000 in prize money along the way.

She is also ranked 2nd in the world on the official PDGA World Ranking, which takes in to effect more than just player rankings, as it includes a lot of head-to-head results at the largest tournaments in the world.

Last edited by Splash on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Hogger 2.0
Driver

Location: Innova Champ SL is my long distance service provider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splash wrote:

2003 TORONTO ISLAND OPEN BUS LOGO 170g ELITE-Z CYCLONE

Isn't that a street car?

Last edited by Hogger 2.0 on Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
burjwahzeh
Overflow Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a street car. You'll have to forgive Don. He's been living in a town where up until very recently, the only mode of public transit was a bus.

It's all the same anyways. They're both full of zombie people, they move really slowly, and they stop too often.
Splash
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, yeah... I'm from an island that doesn't even have trains.

It's a street car. Mea culpa.
Hogger 2.0
Driver

Location: Innova Champ SL is my long distance service provider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splash wrote:
Yeah, yeah... I'm from an island that doesn't even have trains.

Funny...Paul took a shot at Ottawa yet in typical Maritimer fashion it was assumed that it was a shot at the "have-not island" by Upper Canada!
Splash
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Hogger sure is pretty fussy for a good 'ole Tennesse boy! Razz
Splash
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: More sweet things to bid on at the Ice Auction Reply with quote

ODGC Member Andrew Morrisey has generously donated two $50 gift certificates which can be redeemed at the Ultimate Disc Golf Store.

$50 Gift Certificate to the Ultimate Disc Golf Store

Andy deals in both residential and income properties with RE/MAX, and for any referalls that come to him through ODGC members, he will donate 5% of his commission to the Ottawa Disc Golf Club.

$50 Gift Certificate to the Ultimate Disc Golf Store

Many thanks to Andy for making our Ice Auction even better!

Last edited by Splash on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Splash
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The player pack discs have arrived, and are described in a separate thread.

If you have pre-paid for the tournament, you now get a chance to choose your player pack discs. Cool

Those in the top division, which we call the Sub-Zero division, have a choice between a tye-dyed Champion Sidewinder or a Star Valkyrie. Our two intermediate divisions are called "Above Freezing" for the men and "Ice Queens" for the women, and offer a Star Aviar in your player pack. The recreational or "Warm Blooded" division has something that all players should have, a dependable Roc. Nothing beats Roc!

Player packs are available to the first 45 paid registrations.

You can also drop by my place to pay and/or pick up your player pack, but I suspect most people will be receiving it at registration on the day of the tournament. Just e-mail me at don.lane -AT- rogers.com and I'll give you my address, and we can arrange a time that is mutually convenient for you to drop by.

The full show of Ice Auction items is also on display here. Speaking of which, here are the next two items that will be in the Ice Auction!

ULTRA-RARE CANADIAN DISC GOLF ASSOCIATION 70-MOLD

This is a disc from Michael Sullivan's collection, and goes back to the early organized days of organized disc sports in Canada. For those in the know, it is a 70 mold, and is in new, and unused condition.

If you're a disc collector, this is one that you won't want to pass up on. Many thanks to Michael for his valuable donations to our event!

CANADIAN CHAMPION AVERY JENKINS SIGNED 172g ODGC DX ORC

Avery won the distance competion at the Pro Worlds this year, and is a rising star in the sport. He also won a cool $10 grand by winning The Player's Cup back in November, which was the highlight of an already impressive season.

As shown on the back page of the PDGA's magazine, Avery has had a banner year at 2006 Major events, including:

1st - Player's Cup
2nd - Japan Open
3rd - Pro World Championships
3rd - European Championships
4th - United States Disc Golf Championships

Avery is a disc collector too, and really liked the design of our ODGC discs. This one is an Orc, and will easily find a place in your golf bag, or if you're allowed.... on your wall. Cool
Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Chowder is good people.

big grin

Brother
Splash
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next two items available at the Ice Auction include a board game and one of the original designs from the 1st season of the OD Tour.

"24": THE DVD BOARD GAME

Become a Counter-Terrorist Unit agent like Jack Bauer! Each game begins with a terrorist act. Players take the role of CTU agents, racing time to collect clues and win on-screen mini-game challenges. The agents are then briefed and given several clues regarding the terrorists' full plans.

Each player decides which clues to follow, knowing that some will be dead ends or red herrings. Throughout the game, the DVD also acts as a ticking clock, counting down the 24 hours to the terrorist attack that the players are working to prevent. The first player to identify and stop a threat to national security is the winner.

Many thanks go out to Rolly, who donated this prize to the Ice Auction.

ORIGINAL OD TOUR 175-176g MAGNET

This was the first design the boys on the OD tour made for their series of tournaments, which is now in its 3rd year. If you putt with a Magnet, this would make a nice addition to your putting game.

According to the Discraft web site... "The Magnet™ is our flagship putter, and is used by thousands of seasoned disc golfers. Not too hard, not too soft... it goes in and stays in. This disc is excellent in the wind and makes a superb short range driver and approach disc."
Splash
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of you may notice and recognize the logo in the following disc, which is from the Big Man tournaments as run by our own Rob "Twirly" Wormald.

BIG MAN AVIAR - In memory of "Duke"

If this particular disc looks beat up, well, it is. Thats because it's my putter, and not the disc that is in the Ice Auction, which I'll be picking up from Twirly later this week. Actually, my putter has never looked as clean since the day I got it, when it first started banging the chains.

There is just something special about a Duke 'Big Man' putter. Reliable, dependable, trustworthy, and loyal. Must be something about the big man... Many thanks to Rob, who donated it to our Ice Auction.

The next disc was signed by the current Masters World Champion, Brad Hammock. He has actually won this division at worlds, which is for players aged 40 and over, 4 times, and has been a professional player for 16 years.

ODGC BRAD HAMMOCK WORLD CHAMPION SIGNED 170g ROC

The DX Roc is classified as a Mid-Range Disc, and as many players will tell you "Nothing beats Roc"!

According to the Innova web site, it is "the number one professional mid-range disc. It is very reliable at the high speeds that pros throw. It ages slowly, becoming an excellent slow turning disc as it wears.

Best Choice for: Experienced players utility disc, hyzer shots, anhyzer shots, turnover shots when worn, sidearm approaches.

About the Roc
The Roc is simply the best, most versatile mid-range disc ever made. It provides accuracy at any range. This disc can take and hold the angle of release, even into a headwind. It can be used for driving, upshots, straight shots, hyzer shots or anhyzers. The Roc ages gradually and predictably. If you’re not sure what disc to throw, choose the Roc; just like most pros.
BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this for the Auction...

BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I need a bigger picture...

It's a Darth Maul Transformer.
BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Features 2 launching projectile lightsabers!
andros
ODGC Presidents Cup Champion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
Yessssss!!!!!!
Splash
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a few more errands today, and picked up some more nice prizes from BBP and Rolly, which you'll see on the Auction table.

What else can you see on the Ice Auction table that you haven't already seen?

How about CANADA'S FIRST LOOK AT THE FIRST THREE GOLF DISCS FROM DAREDEVIL DISCS, with disc art by Jon Notemboom.

Or how about a pair of hockey tickets to your OTTAWA SENATORS for the Valentine's Day game between the Sens and the Florida Panthers?

Or perhaps you are more of a Junior Hockey buff, and would appreciate 4 tickets to a March game for the Ottawa 67's?

If you're a cyclist, we've got some goodies for you too!

If you always wanted to learn how to play the drums in an African style, we've got expert drum lessons for your too!

Only available at the Ottawa Ice Bowl's Ice Auction.

Even if you can't make it to the tournament... come on out to the Ice Auction at The Honest Lawyer, which starts around 5:00 pm on Saturday. Ice Bucks can be purchased on site up until the start of the auction.

Call me if you need to know where we are at with the schedule in the late afternoon... 613.286.5233.

See you soon!

~Splash~

Last edited by Splash on Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splash wrote:

How about CANADA'S FIRST LOOK AT THE FIRST THREE GOLF DISCS FROM DAREDEVIL DISCS, with disc art by Jon Notemboom.

These look great. And a good idea to name the same mold/different plastics discs a different name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Ice League All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: