Ottawa Disc Golf Club

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Team Play League -> inventing a format - feedback appreciated Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stefan
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After playing few holes using this forma, I like my big grin proposal even more, with the following addition:

You are not immediately dead if your drive/shot lands closer to the basket then dictator's. However, if you don't finish the hole in less strokes then the dictator, you get 1 point penalty (and you do not count in the push).

Justification: We are coming to play, it would be frustrating to stop play a hole early and just watch others. The format as it is highly rewards long putts, but absolutely neglects the drives. This modification is a reward for playing well (and a punishment for the dictator if he plays badly), but there is risk/reward dilemma: The dictator's drive is not very good, its unlikely he is getting 2. Do I risk trying to park the hole for 2 (but if I fail to do so, I will be penalizsed), or I just safely layup somewhere behind the dictator and hope for great putt/too many people pushing the hole?

Paul's ideas of dynamically determining who will be the dictator for the next hole does have merits as well, although we should carefully think through the consequences. We definitively don't want a format with simple winning strategy which even might not require good discgolf skills (or rewards just one very limited aspect of them).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Team Play League All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: