Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Lost and Found / Select Classifieds -> CF update
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: CF update Reply with quote

Fortune seems to extract a fortune in plastic, my present balance is FOUR discs, (down from FIVE!) which I will itemize for people who will be swarming up there this coming weekend in the OD tour. Thanks to Clint E. for calling today regarding a Rhyno which I don't think I threw away, rather simply forgot to pick up as part of my ever-increasing senior moments. All my discs are labelled with name/number.

1) Hole 5 Blue DX Beast drove inside-out from the long tees, seemed on line for the short tee, seemed long flying, vanished out of sight, would have imagined fairway, but likely wrong ? ? ? Did it straighten out of its hyzer at terminal velocity? Only finding it will solve this mystery.

2) Hole 11 White CF-Logo Ching Roc (yes, so soon...) underthrown, brushed past the 1st set of leafy branches on the left side, maybe 20 feet up in the air, and started harder left after that, into the woods on the left side, halfway down, we imagine, never heard a hard whack of a solid tree contact, so it could have drifted over quite a large possible area. Golden beverage with white foam in the future of individual who returns this item.

3) Hole 16 Purple elite-X X2 fall of 04, thrown to left of treed alley, likely around the start of the trees, likely picked up already and taken sadly away, this was my one disc that had logged my most DG air miles, the trusty workhorse, also worthy of foamy golden drink for saviour.

4) Hole 17 White DX orc, seemed to be straight on line between short tee and target, about creek distance, my guess was that it barely made it across.

I'm post-op resting now, the Forum sure beats the Soaps...

colin
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: CF update Reply with quote

wow, sounds like we should bring a lot of back ups this weekend!
Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: CF update Reply with quote

All these discs were lost playing in twosomes. The more attentive eyes, the better the prospects...

redline
Spin Doctor

Location: My canoe has run out of pancakes and the skidoo needs more woodchips.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: CF update Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ken Darcovich:
The more attentive eyes, the better the prospects...

Perhaps comments about Ken's shot control are in order here too

The more accurate the shot, the better the prospects

Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: CF update Reply with quote

also true, but goes without saying, until you come along....

redline
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: CF update Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ken Darcovich:

also true, but goes without saying, until you come along....

Hey, I have yet to lose a disc at Camp Fortune.

Roc n' R
Putter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: CF update Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by redline:

Because you have yet to play CF...

redline
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: CF update Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Roc n' R:
Because you have yet to play CF...

This is true.

Big Joe Mufferaw
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: CF update Reply with quote

Aaahhhhhh... married people.
Kitty Hawk
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: CF update Reply with quote

I've played Fortune multiple times and haven't lost a disc yet. They're easier to watch when they only go 150 feet though.
Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: CF update Reply with quote

I was only pointing out that it seems to be Paul's business to state the obvious...

JebushatesmethisIknow
Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: CF update Reply with quote

how's the knee ken?
Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: CF update Reply with quote

The knee is good.

I updated the situation in the RFDO thread under DG tourney info...

BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: CF update Reply with quote

I've lost discs at CF. I've also found discs at CF. It's good to find discs. Sucks to lose.

There. Now all threads say June 2nd.

colin
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: CF update Reply with quote

playing CF alone is very dangerous, I spent a lot of time looking for those extra shots I took.
Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: CF update Reply with quote

Just heard that Claus en route to AM1 singles victory, also managed to locate my CF Ching Roc on 11. What a great day Herr Reitlingshoefer, congratulations!! It will be my great pleasure to swap a reinheitsgebot-regulation beverage for said disc.
redline
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: CF update Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by redline:

Ken,
after 3.4 rounds of CF experience, my disc bag has yet to experience the loss of a disc at the course. Thanks, though, to BBP, who was deep enough in the woods to find a deer bedding area while looking for my temporarily misplaced Orc. The deer was still in it. I also left my KC Pro Teebird under the shingles of the lift house on hole 16. While I was unable to bring this disc home with me, it would be misleading to call it lost.

Cheers!
-P

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Lost and Found / Select Classifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: