Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf Rules & Course Safety -> Obstacles and Stance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
axe
Putter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Obstacles and Stance Reply with quote

If an obstacle (say a dead branch) lies both on my spot and in front of it, am I allowed to step on it when throwing?

I am not allowed to move the branch as it lies in my fairway but, if I step on my spot, it will move. If I don't step on it then I will have an illegal stance. Choices.

James

LeppyR64
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Obstacles and Stance Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted on PDGA.com:
803.04.C. Casual Obstacles: A player may obtain relief only from the following obstacles: casual water, loose leaves or debris, broken branches no longer connected to a tree, motor vehicles, harmful insects or animals, players' equipment, spectators, or any item or area specifically designated by the director before the round. The type of relief a player may obtain is based on the location of the obstacle and is limited as follows:
(1) Casual obstacles between the lie and the hole: No relief is granted except for obstacles which became a factor during the round as described by 803.04 B.
(2) Casual obstacles to stance or throwing motion: The player must first attempt to remove the obstacle. If this is impractical, the player's lie may be relocated to the nearest lie which is no closer to the hole; is on the line of play; and not more than five meters from the original lie, as agreed to by a majority of the group or an official (unless greater casual relief is announced by the director). Alternatively, the player may declare an unsafe lie and proceed in accordance with 803.05.
(3) Casual obstacles to a run up: The player may move the obstacle. No other relief is provided.

So in answer to your question, you can move certain objects that interfere with your lie, even though they are between you and the hole, if they interfere with your stance or run-up.

------------------
Jason Lepack
Left-Handed Sandbagger
leppyr64@hotmail.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf Rules & Course Safety All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: