Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf Rules & Course Safety -> water rule
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JebushatesmethisIknow
Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: water rule Reply with quote

So, an awesome hyzer comes ripping in and buries itself into the sand at the water's edge. Waves coming in off the Ottawa river completely cover then uncover the disc. Cover then uncover. Is it OB? I say no since it's not completely covered all the time. Anyone?
BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: water rule Reply with quote

Tough one. If it landed and came to rest IB then it would seem that it is IB. If a wave came by and swept it away OB then I would think that it would be marked were it last was.

The OB line needs to be marked in this instance, ie a line of string.

BBP

DiscDiggler
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: water rule Reply with quote

I agree with BBP there should be string. In our casual rounds, if you're willing to stand behind the disc then play it . Walk in up to your knee's if ya want.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf Rules & Course Safety All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: