Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> ID'ing Discs and Lost & Found
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redline
Spin Doctor

Location: My canoe has run out of pancakes and the skidoo needs more woodchips.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: ID'ing Discs and Lost & Found Reply with quote

I found my third "unidentifiable owner" disc today in the pines bordering 6/7. I'd like to return it, but discs without a phone number or e-mail address are difficult to return. I've had luck returning the previous two with no markings. This one, though, is a disc that I don't have in my collection, and without a name or number on the disc, I don't feel too guilty about throwing it. I'll happily adopt it unless someone speaks up.

Found: A new owner for a disc in great shape with no specific contact info on the back.

Lost: Your disc unless you start ID'ing it. Get out your markers and ID your discs!

Cheers!
-P

[This message has been edited by redline (edited July 02, 2003).]

Big Joe Mufferaw
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:17 am    Post subject: ID'ing Discs and Lost & Found Reply with quote

I went for a dive the other day and recovered three discs from the depths of the Ottawa River. Two of them were labelled, and their owners or proxies will be attending League Night tonight to collect them. The other disc, which was old plastic, and appeared to have been there for a year or two, was unlabelled.

On a hole that has two jungles, groundhog holes, chaotic overgrowth, and a plastic magnet river, you'd figure that people would at the very least label their discs before throwing. Gheesh!

If you label them, and they are found by golfers, you'll get them back. One of the recovered discs had been in there since the day before the Plaid, while the other one (which held up quite well) had been down there for close to 2 years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: