Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> ODGC League Night Kickoff!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ODGC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 11:22 am    Post subject: ODGC League Night Kickoff! Reply with quote

Attention All Disc Golfers!

League night has found its way to the Ottawa Disc Golf Scene.

Come out this Thursday for the first night of the series.

Players of all levels encouraged to attend.

Best Ball format for first night

When: Thursday, June 6, 2002 (6:15 pm)
Where: Hole #1

How Much:
5$ for ODGC members
8$ for non-ODGC members
1$ ace pool

Come out to learn more!

[This message has been edited by ODGC (edited June 06, 2002).]

Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 9:24 am    Post subject: ODGC League Night Kickoff! Reply with quote

Ball? Who plays golf with a ball?

Don't you mean Best Disc?

Will Ferrell

Big Joe Mufferaw
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 10:22 am    Post subject: ODGC League Night Kickoff! Reply with quote

Are you talking to your dog online again, Chuck? Toss Wascally Willow the ball.
Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 6:56 pm    Post subject: ODGC League Night Kickoff! Reply with quote

Here's hoping that one can join in the fun on an irregular basis. You see, I am stuck here in front of my computer doing my report cards and am unable to get out to JC Park for the inaugural round. Is the league an evening of whomever comes, plays? Or am I S.O.L.?

Andrew

------------------
Master of funk and...EVIL!

Big Joe Mufferaw
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 9:26 pm    Post subject: ODGC League Night Kickoff! Reply with quote

'Twas great fun this evening, and the formats promise to keep each league night a little different.

Tonight we got the youngest ODGC member, who is just shy of his 4th birthday, to randomly pair off discs and generate teams.

It was then a best disc skins format, which was quite competitive, as any of the teams could have won it on the 17th hole, which was worth 7 skins. Kudos to KayDee and Bass who took home the cash. Twirly got as wet as his two dogs on the inaugural Hole #2 launch, but we're just glad that it has rejoined the rest of the course as a playable hole.

I'm looking forward to my next one in two weeks, as I can't make it next Thursday, as Gwen has a meeting for her minions on that night.

Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 10:21 am    Post subject: ODGC League Night Kickoff! Reply with quote

Thanks to Rob Wormald for taking the initiative to get an ODGC weekly league going. Last night we played a random draw, team Best-Disc-Skins format, done by the hockey sticks at center-ice method, or should I say putters on the first tee method, with Caddy Alex giving me the lucky pairing with the freshly coiffed Mister Seabrook, who without a lock out of place, looked to be running for the U.S. Senate. It's what it took however, to turn the trick as our team came out on top, a very complimentary pairing in the sense that when I messed up, Steve was spot on, or vice versa. We netted a whopping $18 (Canadian) and had a very fine evening. League night is a great idea, was a ton of fun and will only get better as the word spreads and attendance soars.

results:

GOLD: Steve Seabrook and Ken Darcovich 11 skins

SILVER: Carl Visser and Rob Wormald 4 skins (no comment....)

BRONZE: Don Lane and Rookie Jeff 2 skins

other highlights were Carl's magic hammer on hole 8 that forced its way through the pine trees, dropped out the far side and insisted on rolling right up to the basket. Rookie Jeff threw a mega-roller that split a 1-foot gap between a tree and the parked stroller to allow Don to play solid putting defence from 25 feet to wash Bass' more conventional bird at 16.

A ton of fun, will be back next Thursday, hope to see more you out as well. No aces last night, so that Ace pool cash is growing like a Powerball snowman.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: