Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Disc I.D. Question
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 10:35 am    Post subject: Disc I.D. Question Reply with quote

I just received my package from the PDGA and included is a lovely white 150g disc from Innova. The issue is that I do not know what disc it is. Here's the only clue I can give: Above the pencilled mark of "150" is another pencilled mark that looks like "Gz" or "Gr". Is this a Gazelle? Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Andrew

------------------
Master of funk and...EVIL!

Seabrook
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 10:46 am    Post subject: Disc I.D. Question Reply with quote

Back in 1995 I used to own a Gryphon however I don't believe it is produced anymore.

Chances are this is a Gazelle.

chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 7:25 am    Post subject: Disc I.D. Question Reply with quote

Have you thrown it yet Brother? If it fades hard left then its a Gazelle. Ask the Twirl man - he knows all and sees all.
Dog Face Boy
Putter

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 7:07 am    Post subject: Disc I.D. Question Reply with quote

In my package I too recieved the 150 class mystery "GZ" disc and agree it's a gazelle. Haven't thrown it yet but I'm sure it'll be good for some trash talking at some point. Also got my handy-dandy pocket rule book - Twirly there'll be no more argument outta you!
DFB
Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 7:11 am    Post subject: Disc I.D. Question Reply with quote

I went to Twirly's Disc Golf Heaven and checked the racks and it is indeed a Gazelle. Thanks for the help, all. Now I just have to see if I can throw this one...

Andrew

------------------

Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 5:17 pm    Post subject: Disc I.D. Question Reply with quote

I just received my PDGA package, and it contained far less than the good Brother's. Within my envelope which was too small for a disc was:

- my new membership card (PDGA # 20617)
- a bumper sticker and a small square sticker
- a handy pocket-sized disc golf rule book
- a hand and label-edited PDGA brochure
- 3 pages of DG info.

Luckily enough another larger envelope came later. It contained what I'm sure will be the Ugliest PDGA Disc in Ottawa. It's colour is one of the ones that Crayola outlawed back in the 60's since it was politically incorrect. For those of you old enough to remember, don't bother guessing those other famous outlaw colours "Indian Red" and "Prussian Blue".

edit: discinclined to say

[This message has been edited by Don Lane (edited May 27, 2002).]

Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 6:21 pm    Post subject: Disc I.D. Question Reply with quote

That's OK, Don. Mike Seaby has the ugliest disc in ODGC bar none...it's that "Flesh" colour from Ice Bowl 2002. Hey! Waitaminit...is that the colour of yours, too? The so-called "Flesh"?

Anyway, who cares about the colour, what disc did you get? A Gazelle?

Andrew

------------------

Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 7:34 pm    Post subject: Disc I.D. Question Reply with quote

Brother, you pinned the colour on the disc and divulged yourself as an longtime user of Crayola products. Guess you'll be competing in the Masters Division, huh?

The "flesh" coloured, silver stamped PDGA disc is a really light 158g Gazelle and is too ugly even to be thrown up on the wall since it looks like someone threw up in it instead.

As for the Ugliest Disc in Ottawa, it's gotta be Bass' Banished Banshee that I saw him throw 40-50m into the Ottawa River on a vain attempt to pull a Twirly on Hole 3. After several years under the sea, it's haunted him by returning time and time again. It is The-Disc-That-Cannot-Be-Lost.

My formerly orange formerly floatable Hammer should give it some competition though. After Chowdah found it long after I thought it floated to Hawkesbury, it became a new and undescribable colour, and has the best natural camoflage of any disc I've seen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: