Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Disc Golf in Peterborough?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 7:55 pm    Post subject: Disc Golf in Peterborough? Reply with quote

Speaking with my uncle over the weekend, he mentioned that he plays at a course in P-Boro. Does anyone know about it? Anyone played there? I may have a new reason to visit my relatives

Andrew

------------------
Master of funk and...EVIL!

Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 10:36 am    Post subject: Disc Golf in Peterborough? Reply with quote

They have a beginner level 9-hole course along the Otonobee River near the city-owned zoo.

They use Mach-II baskets throughout the course and have paved tee-pads.

It is a pleasant course, but not overly challenging. Check it out here: http://pdga.com/courses_by_city.php?id=967

I bought my first real golf disc there at one of the kiosks in the zoo when I lived in Peterborough several summers ago. It was my trusty puke green XD, which generally gets dredged from the depths of the Ottawa River, although I think it is now gone for good as it probably got picked up by the non-disc golfer diver last spring.

redline
Spin Doctor

Location: My canoe has run out of pancakes and the skidoo needs more woodchips.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 4:59 pm    Post subject: Disc Golf in Peterborough? Reply with quote

I played the Peterborough course on my way back to Ottawa last Thanksgiving weekend. It is VERY well groomed and marked, though I played 18 in less than 45 minutes even though two of the people that I was playing with had never thrown golf discs before.

I left Peterborough very thankful for the much more challenging Ottawa course. Playing the Peterborough course was the highlight of my travels that weekend though. I'll stop again if I'm passing through.

Cheers!
-Paul

PikAchU
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 10:52 am    Post subject: Disc Golf in Peterborough? Reply with quote

ya, I have played it before. But, make sure if you drive up, that there is nothing going on that weekend. Last time I was their, there was a car show on, so I only got to play 3 holes.
Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 1:11 pm    Post subject: Disc Golf in Peterborough? Reply with quote

So if one were to be passing through P-Boro on the way to Toronto and felt like stopping for a round of golf (sans motor show), how would one get to this fine course from Hwy 7?

Thanks.

Andrew

------------------
Master of funk and...EVIL!

redline
Spin Doctor

Location: My canoe has run out of pancakes and the skidoo needs more woodchips.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 1:00 pm    Post subject: Disc Golf in Peterborough? Reply with quote

There was a lot of construction when I was going through town last fall (the bridge that I had to cross was closed and we drove around for a while before finding a way across the river, blah, blah). If you are heading west on 7, instead of turning left at the lights to get on the 35/115/7, continue straight ahead into the town. Follow the signs that lead you to the zoo (you'll make a right hand turn about two blocks after the hwy 7 intersection, and the DG course is a few km further, right next to the zoo). You will end up on the west side of the river heading north out of the city. The DG course will be on your right hand side, and you can't possibly miss the course if you follow the zoo signs and look for the baskets. Parking was free and there was lots of it.

Cheers!
-Paul

Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 11:58 am    Post subject: Disc Golf in Peterborough? Reply with quote

Drive on past the zoo and admire the captive beasts which you can often see from the road.

Don't drive into the zoo parking lot. Glide on down the hill and park in a separate parking lot. Try not to get wet as there are two holes where people often take home samples of the Otonobee River in their pant legs.

E-mail me at home and I'll send you a Peterborough score card.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: