Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> January 26, -2 at course
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeseaby
Taco Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 1:51 pm    Post subject: January 26, -2 at course Reply with quote

I was at the course yesterday, to play a round. I did not think I would enjoy playing in the snow. However, I was very wrong! The disc actually travels farther in the cold air and it never rolls away from its target after it lands. I even had a -3 for a short time. I will definitely be at the Icebowl Tournament next weekend Feb.2, 2002. See you there!!

Mike Seaby

Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 4:29 pm    Post subject: January 26, -2 at course Reply with quote

Dapper Don Lane and I saw Big Mike at JC on Saturday as Don and I played a shortened round. Don played very well...and I... played.

It was fun out there and the snow adds a bit of a challenge (i.e. finding discs in the snow). For those setting out to play a round in the snow, may I suggest taking a look at this link so you can find your discs a little easier

A Good Winter Disc Golf Tip

See you on the course!

Andrew

------------------
Master of funk and...EVIL!

Buck

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 9:01 am    Post subject: January 26, -2 at course Reply with quote

Are we gonna use the J-bird rule ?? (from link above)

"Thereafter, just to encourage players to use ribbons, we have authored the J-Bird rule. There is no 2 meter rule penalty if your disc is hanging OB solely by the ribbon. But, of course, we stroked J-Bird."

mikeseaby
Taco Chef

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 11:45 am    Post subject: January 26, -2 at course Reply with quote

If the conditions stay the way they are, we will probably not need a ribbon. I didn't use one last weekend and I had no problem locating me disc. However, if anyone uses a ribbon, the J-bird rule sounds fine to me.

Mike.

Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 11:48 am    Post subject: January 26, -2 at course Reply with quote

Jeez, Mike...I don't think I've ever heard you say this much at one time

As for the "J-Bird Rule" it will be in force if people choose to use the ribbons to help find the discs.

Andrew

------------------
Master of funk and...EVIL!

[This message has been edited by Brother Andre (edited January 28, 2002).]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: