Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> TOURNAMENT: Ice Bowl 2002
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 7:47 am    Post subject: TOURNAMENT: Ice Bowl 2002 Reply with quote

That's right! On February 9, 2002 ODGC is hosting a location of Ice Bowl 2002!

NO WIMPS, NO WHINERS!! This event will go on regardless of weather conditions!

We will play one round of golf and there will be other "side show" events including a Ring of Fire so we can stay warm The divisions will inlcude:

• New Blood: Novice players who have yet to freeze their hands off at
    our course
  • Above Freezing: Those players whose best ever results over 18 holes
    are at 0 or above
  • Sub Zero: The local legends, whose best results over 18 holes
    are below 0

Ice Bowls are charity events and we will be supporting The Shepherds of Good Hope and The Ottawa Food Bank.

Keep watching this space for more information about Ice Bowl 2002.

If you are interested in partaking in this fine event, please let me know at brother_andre@hotmail.com .

Enjoy the winter training, everyone!

Andrew

------------------
Master of funk and...EVIL!

Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 11:50 am    Post subject: TOURNAMENT: Ice Bowl 2002 Reply with quote

More info is coming soon (e.g. cost, etc.)!

For now, here are the Mandatory Ice Bowl Rules straight from the head office:

1. Under no circumstances may an Ice Bowl be cancelled or postponed because of weather conditions.
  2. No wimps or whiners allowed.
  3. There are no excuses for not attending. (Either be there or be a wimp!)

Check back soon for updates!

Andrew

------------------

Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 5:04 pm    Post subject: TOURNAMENT: Ice Bowl 2002 Reply with quote

Ice Bowl 2002

When: February 9, 2002. 11:00 a.m. tee off

Cost: $20 + 1 bag of non-perishable food items for the Ottawa Food Bank + 1 Christmas present you received but do not appreciate (but someone else might) for use in a charity auction.

Format:
Single player, 24 holes
1 round of 16 holes (skip holes #2 and #3), break/side show events, 1 round of the technical 8

Schedule:
1. 11:00 a.m. SHARP!!! (it may be chilly and it still gets dark early ) tee off (shotgun start).
2. After the first round is complete, we begin the Showdown events $3 challenge fee
3. Technical 8 round
4. Awards and charity auction.

Please keep in mind that all monies raised will go to the Shepherds of Good Hope and all food will be going to the Ottawa Food Bank.

**Tim Horton's at 360 St. Patrick St at King Edward is graciously providing us with baked goods to help fight off the cold! Yayy!

For more info about the Ice Bowl as a world-wide disc golf event, please click here.

If you will be participating in this fine charity event or if you have any questions about the Ottawa version of Ice Bowl 2002, please feel free to contact me at brother_andre@hotmail.com .

Thanks and I'll see you on the course on February 9!!

Andrew Leach

------------------

Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 6:18 pm    Post subject: TOURNAMENT: Ice Bowl 2002 Reply with quote

Nice new tournament web page set up by Don Lane. Check it out at Ottawa Ice Bowl 2002!

Andrew

------------------

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: