Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Something in the air at JC Park!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 2:31 pm    Post subject: Something in the air at JC Park! Reply with quote

Holy Doodle!

There must be something in the air around our favourite golfing locale! An incredible run of Canadian course records and aces being recorded and then, after playing an ego-boosting round with Twirly and Chowder last night, I finished a solo round today with a personal best EVEN score!

Just blowing my own horn...

Andrew

------------------
Master of funk and...EVIL!

OG
Tree Pruner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 11:05 am    Post subject: Something in the air at JC Park! Reply with quote

Nice work Andrew! Based on what I saw at the Tree-Oh, you're a fast learner - I hope you take that as a compliment not as an insult to your former state!

What was the one main factor to the improvement? I'm curious to know since every beginner seems to have one 'magic realization' that improves their game. Mine was "throw out - not up".

Keep up the good work, see ya tomorrow,
OG (the 4th member of your trio)

Buck

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 11:17 am    Post subject: Something in the air at JC Park! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by OG:

What was the one main factor to the improvement? I'm curious to know since every beginner seems to have one 'magic realization' that improves their game. Mine was "throw out - not up".

I too have a PB of even, happened last weekend....my realization is...to get below par, sink those #%^&@# putts....I hope to sink a few tomorro...

Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 12:14 pm    Post subject: Something in the air at JC Park! Reply with quote

As for how I managed an even score...I'm not sure. It was due to many factors. I have received a lot of help from golfers such as Seabass, Twirly and Chowder. Also, I've managed to play a lot of rounds with a lot of different people. Different people=different styles of play.

The main factor on Monday's round was a suggestion that I let the discs do the work for me instead of forcing them to do stuff they don't "want" to do. That plus a damn lucky drive (with a disc that has a hate on for me) on #3 that landed about 15 feet from the pin to give me a birdie.

It's better to be lucky than good, eh?... Will I be able to put together a good round tomorrow? I guess we'll see...

Andrew

------------------
Master of funk and...EVIL!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: