Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Predictions...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 2:55 pm    Post subject: Predictions... Reply with quote

Saturday - Sunny with cloudy periods. high of 18. Wind NW 15km/hr.

So we need to make some predictions.

Keep in mind the second round will be a new 18...

Score that takes the open:-8
Score that takes the novice:-2
Best score for first round:-6
Best score for second round:-3
Aces?(yes/no-what holes):yes.5 It's gotta fall damn it!

[This message has been edited by Chuck Shick (edited September 26, 2001).]

Will Ferrell

woodsyowl
Trodden Teepad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 6:41 am    Post subject: Predictions... Reply with quote

me crystal ball is a little less optimistic...

Open: -4
Novice: 2
Best Score: -4
Best Score for second round: -2
Aces: yeppers, hole 10.

I guess the question we should be asking is who do you think will win and why?

Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 9:07 am    Post subject: Predictions... Reply with quote

Given that the 2nd 18 will use alternate tees, will there be any chance to preview this setup?? If not, then presumably only non-playing Seabrook knows where these alternate tee placements will be, ...right??

Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 9:37 am    Post subject: Predictions... Reply with quote

From what my sources tell me, Bass sketched out the plans in invisible ink, and then locked them in a strong box.

He then hired two pinkerton guards with heavy firepower to protect the course layout plans from any evil doers.

His final safeguard was to erase his own memory using a highly dangerous 7-day memory eradication elixir that only has a 22% memory recovery rate.

so the only flaw that I can see is that Bass has a 78% of not remebering anything about the special course or that he is organizing the Plaid at all...

A small price to pay.

[This message has been edited by Chuck Shick (edited September 27, 2001).]

Will Ferrell

Seabrook
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 1:25 pm    Post subject: Predictions... Reply with quote

Course...what course? Damn I got to pull myself out of the tequila...err I mean magic elixir bottle.

I will set-up the alternative tees during the first round of play. This will not allow any competitor an advantage by coming out on Friday or early Saturday morning. The new tees will be a mixture of short and longs but will be technically harder. So really think about what you are going to throw before pulling that disc out of your bag.

Some of the tees have already been repaired but the ground is now soft and easily torn up. If you are going to play before the Plaid please try to sweep up the tee pad after throwing. This will keep the tee in the best possible shape for Saturday.

Thanks, Steve

Seabrook
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 1:28 pm    Post subject: Predictions... Reply with quote

And my predictions...

Score that takes the open: -5
Score that takes the novice: +2
Best score for first round: -3
Best score for second round: -3
Aces? look for an ace on #4 but I doubt you will see one in the second round. Then again I'm not playing so its doubtful anyone will get near the basket.

[This message has been edited by Seabrook (edited September 27, 2001).]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: