Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> here is a silly topic.....but,
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woodsyowl
Trodden Teepad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 10:23 am    Post subject: here is a silly topic.....but, Reply with quote

I know most golfers have 20 or more disks. However, what is your favorite driver, approach and putter?

Seabrook
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 10:34 am    Post subject: here is a silly topic.....but, Reply with quote

putter - Aviar. This is the most popular putt around however if its a long putt/approach I'll use my hard Aviar.

approach - Roc. This is a great all around approach disc.

driver - KC Pro Eagle. The special plastic has slightly more grip plus the Eagle is a great straight driver.

Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 12:10 pm    Post subject: here is a silly topic.....but, Reply with quote

I agree with the Bass on all fronts regarding the strong beginner three.

Here comes the contraversy....maybe.
I suggest trying to learn one driver at a time. I played most of may and june with one driver and one putter. Worked for me huge.

Rather than learning a disc for one hole, learn the disc on 18. You figure the disc out in several situations and your overall command of it will be much better.

Then move onto a new disc and repeat etc, etc. Eventually, you will have the ability to play a number of discs in almost any situation. Ergo, if you lose the disc you always throw on a hole, it's not such a devastating blow.

P.S. While learning a disc, try to carry two of the same weight. Trust me

Will Ferrell

chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 12:18 pm    Post subject: here is a silly topic.....but, Reply with quote

I would have to concur wholeheartedly with the Bassman...

I like the Bass, have two Aviars...one that I used to put from short distances and one that I use from longer distances (20 feet to 60ish feet...).

The reason for the segregation is that one disc hits the chains alot which tends to disform the disc...ie the putting aviar.

The hard Aviar is used from greater distance because it doesn't hit the chains as much, therefore isn't as deformed, and therefore will fly 'truer' or more consistenty.(the approach Aviar)

Having the two distinct Aviars has had a substantial impact (positive) on my game.

I, like the Bass, also love the Roc. I would say it's used more than most other approach/mid range disc by top level golfers.

For long discs, the Eagle, the Teebird, the Banshee are all good long range drivers...

You really only need 4 to 5 discs but those of us who really like the game feel the need to purchase more discs because discs become deformed the more they are used/thrown. That and we probably are a little obsessive.

good luck and good golfin

chowder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: