Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Call for ODGC Executive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter McK
Putter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2001 8:19 am    Post subject: Call for ODGC Executive Reply with quote

I've been discussing this with individual members for the past few weeks, and now it's time for a wider appeal. We need an executive: three (or more) people who are interested in taking the sport to the next level. The recent rash of vandalism makes the need for an executive even more evident.

Although many have stepped forward to repair and replace damaged baskets, it would be much better if this activity was co-ordinated, and if suspected smaller acts of vandalism were promptly reported and addressed before they become larger problems (e.g. basket #6). OF seems the ideal venue.

I foresee a three-person executive divvying up the work to be done during the season. I'm happy to continue on as president, but I need some formal help. Candidates should be ODGC members, and willing to devote a few hours a month. At this stage, there's really not alot of work to do until someone swipes a basket. But I would like to grow the sport a little more aggressively, and this involves clinics (such as the ones we ran last week) and perhaps a few school demos.

I'm wide open in terms of structure of the executive and individual roles. An election, if needed, would be held during the Plaid.

Whad'ya think?

chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 8:16 am    Post subject: Call for ODGC Executive Reply with quote

If I don't make it to the BoD for OCUA, I would be happy to volunteer. I also plan to pony up the dough sometime soon now that my ulti touring season is over.

I also think that we should elect the Twirl man... he does good work.

[This message has been edited by chowder (edited August 27, 2001).]

Dog Face Boy
Putter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 12:17 pm    Post subject: Call for ODGC Executive Reply with quote

I second that motion for the Twirl...he's already in with the media as "one of Ottawa's best golfers" you can't buy that kind of press! Oh and he does do good work.
DFB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: