Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Ace Club Membership
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LittleWheels
Putter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 12:36 pm    Post subject: Ace Club Membership Reply with quote

Finally put one in! Hole number 8, yesterday.

It was pretty windy, and there was a softball game going on in the adjacent field. Put it up a little high in order to avoid any fatalities. I kinda thought I heard something, but just assumed it was the aluminum bat/ball combination.

One of the ball players yelled something at me and gave me the thumbs up. Of course I didn't understand his francophone mumblings, so I just assumed he meant 'nice shot'. Apparently he's one of the few park dwellers that actually understands the point of the silly boys and their flying discs, because on closer inspection my 169 gram Ken Climo Edition Banshee was sitting in the basket, face up, smiling at me.

Because it's a blind hole I felt a little ripped off not seeing it hit the basket. But an ace is an ace is an ace.....

Shot a minus 3, (with an asterisk) with the absence of basket 3. But my approach on three landed right on top of the old pole hole.

Witness: Bob Twirly Wormald, shame on Andy for not skipping Curse practice and witnessing as well.

Shaggy
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 12:49 pm    Post subject: Ace Club Membership Reply with quote

Nice work Wheelio. Welcome to the club. Membership does have its privileges. It does suck not to see it go in, but it's a nice feeling to walk around the corner and see it smiling at you from the basket.

Kudos Brother!

Nuthin beats Roc

Seabrook
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 1:44 pm    Post subject: Ace Club Membership Reply with quote

Congrads on the Ace. Yeah its pure poetry to watch your disc break at the right time, glide straight for the basket and finally crash into the chains.

Welcome to the club, its starting to get a little crowded in here.

chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 3:40 pm    Post subject: Ace Club Membership Reply with quote

It is getting crowded in here.... Nice work Wheelio, welcome to the club.
Slopey
Putter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 6:14 pm    Post subject: Ace Club Membership Reply with quote

i think wheels is lying.....
LittleWheels
Putter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 11:53 am    Post subject: Ace Club Membership Reply with quote

I cannot tell a lie. I LOVE SLOPEY PETE!
Slopey
Putter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 2:08 pm    Post subject: Ace Club Membership Reply with quote

ok brother wheels, i believe you.

the sloper is coming to town in mid sept to play some golf.... ya'll better brush up yer games now....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: