Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Match play update.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 1:19 pm    Post subject: Match play update. Reply with quote

Well gentlemen,
the day that you had all been anxiously awaiting has finally arrived.... in fact, it has already passed.

Rob and Andy aka Twirly and Chowder finally played their long awaited matchplay game....and this game followed suit with all other games played in matchplay so far... balls to the wall and tight till the very end.

We traded holes back and forth until my unfortunate double bogey on hole number 11 (O.B.) ouch!!! Then Twirls birdied #12 (literally a drop in, sweet shot)

So he was up by three holes after #12. I managed to pull my head out of my ass long enough to birdy #13 and was down by two going across the road... seemingly in a hole too deep to crawl out of.

Until hole number 15... where Twirly and I both drove to the large oak tree with our respective discs about 3 feet apart...I managed to birdy #15 to pull within one stroke. Then managed to birdy #17 to tie the game going into the last hole.

The game went to 21 holes, with the chowder completing his dramatic come from behind victory and moving on to play Jeff Meldrum aka Chuck Shick in the finals in two weeks time....

Very exciting... sorry it took so long but good things come to those that wait.

chowderific

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: