Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Ahem... anyone missing the #1 tag
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon Kaegi
New Golfer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2001 7:43 pm    Post subject: Ahem... anyone missing the #1 tag Reply with quote

Well, well...

How shall I react to this??

In the middle of my late afternoon round of golf today I found the eagle tag just lying there on the ground.

I suppose the previous owner can attempt to reclaim it the next time we meet however he/she should be forewarned that this offer is time-limited and the consequences probably involve a lot of free beer.

I'll be playin' at 6 tomorrow(Tues.) and Wednesday too.

PS... anyone up for a mini-tags tournament??

Chuck Shick
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 9:40 am    Post subject: Ahem... anyone missing the #1 tag Reply with quote

Yeah, that'd be me.

I have no excuse. My game, my mind and my body were in a sorry state of affairs yesterday.

Spent the morning walking the tee pads looking for it. Thanks for clearing my lunch schedule.

Will Ferrell

Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 10:39 am    Post subject: Ahem... anyone missing the #1 tag Reply with quote

Was that some act of disc golf self-flagellation? Owing to the sorry state of affairs, did you not feel entitled to the No. 1 tag, and flung it shamefully into the bushes.

Or, did you lose a challenge to Mr. Ski Pants? No doubt he only wanted loose change, seeing as the eagle doesn't count for much in the dépanneur, so he likely would have just chucked the damn clunky thing.

So soapy.

Ken Lange
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 10:46 am    Post subject: Ahem... anyone missing the #1 tag Reply with quote

Either way, I think it shows total disrespect for everything the eagle stands for... I think you should have to switch tags with the person holding #24 immediately as penance...

chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 3:21 pm    Post subject: Ahem... anyone missing the #1 tag Reply with quote

Agreed.

A barrage of verbal slander will just not suffice.
Chuck should lose some ranking for that...

We want blood.
chowder

[This message has been edited by chowder (edited June 26, 2001).]

Dog Face Boy
Putter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 8:53 am    Post subject: Ahem... anyone missing the #1 tag Reply with quote

The #1 was reclaimed by Chuck in a tags throw down last night. With the pregame terms stipulating Simon's legal ownership of said tag Chuck couldn't take the push but needed an outright win. My worst round of the year was inconsequential in the affair but Simon pushed Chuck to the 17th before victory was evident. Other notes of importance are the magnificent new greens and fairways that you'll all enjoy and an unsettling dog vs. truck incident as we we're finishing #6. The score of that game was Willow 1 - Hub Cap 0. Good work Willow!
DFB
Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 3:11 pm    Post subject: Ahem... anyone missing the #1 tag Reply with quote

Personal classified ad:

I'm planning to get out for a round ~6:30 this evening. Company/tags appreciated.

chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 8:50 am    Post subject: Ahem... anyone missing the #1 tag Reply with quote

Nice work 'low.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: