Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> TAGS 2001 tourney - results
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seabrook
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2001 3:51 pm    Post subject: TAGS 2001 tourney - results Reply with quote

Congradulations to Claus Reitlingshoefer for winning ODGC's spring tourney.

Claus Reitlingshoefer 39 35 74
Steve Seabrook 37 38 75
Jeff Meldrum 39 36 75
Ken Darcovich 36 40 76
Simon Kaegi 38 39 77
Paul Holland 39 39 78
Mike Hall-Jones 41 37 78
Carl Visser 38 41 79
Geoff Lynch 40 40 80
Joel McEwan 41 39 80
Don Lane 42 40 82
Scott Schailer 46 38 84
Chris Penton 42 48 85
Geoff Penton 42 48 90
Kevin Gringon 44 46 90
Carlos Vindosa 51 45 96
Nick Roberts 56 - DNF

[This message has been edited by Seabrook (edited May 05, 2001).]

Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2001 10:44 am    Post subject: TAGS 2001 tourney - results Reply with quote

I asked Claus how high (low?) of a tag he figured he might reach at any point during the season. His guess was No. 7.

Tags 2, 4 and 5 go into a 3-way pot tomorrow.

Big Joe Mufferaw
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2001 11:32 am    Post subject: TAGS 2001 tourney - results Reply with quote

Shaggy:

If you're available to play on Thursday, I'll officially challenge you fo' yo' tag.

This would be the only day this week that I'll be available to play. Other than that, we can take a rain cheque until late next week.

As I understand it, I get a one stroke advantage, so you'll have to beat me by 2 to keep your tag... I think. As I'm the challenger, I should stand to lose something as well, so if I don't win the tag, I'll buy you something in a brown bottle at the local Depanneur.

So - for comparisons sake, is this right?

Shag: Par, BJM: Par or better = Switch tags
Shag: Par, BJM: +1 = Push, nothing changes
Shag: Par, BJM: +2 or worse = Brown bottle to Shag

Shaggy
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2001 7:28 am    Post subject: TAGS 2001 tourney - results Reply with quote

Well Big Joe, I would love to take that little brown bottle off of you but it will have to wait until sometime after the 21st. I'm in jolly ole England until then and no where to practice my game. So maybe you'll have to give me the stroke.(No pun intended)

Cheers

Nuthin beats Roc

Big Joe Mufferaw
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2001 11:49 am    Post subject: TAGS 2001 tourney - results Reply with quote

In that park especially, I want to give no strokes to anyone.

See ya when you get back. I'll be gone to the prairies for a week myself, where I doubt I'll be able to find a course at which to practice.

By the way, if anyone wants to challenge anyone else for a TAG, check out the http://www.geocities.com/ottawadiscgolf/members.html ODGC members page for a one-click e-mail solution to your challenge. All of the participants listed in the above results (except Nick who left early) were given a TAG at the conclusion of the tournament. In order to challenge for a TAG, you have to get one first from Jeff Meldrum (whose e-mail is also listed on the Members page).

On another note, can someone tell me if my TAGS math in my earlier post is right, or does it need as much of a realignment as does my car?

chowder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2001 3:22 pm    Post subject: TAGS 2001 tourney - results Reply with quote

You boys are in trouble.

Twirly and I just got our tags. Our absence from the DG tournament was prompted by TUT.

Look out number one, here we come....

Take no prisoners.
Chowder

Seabrook
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2001 4:18 pm    Post subject: TAGS 2001 tourney - results Reply with quote

Take a number and get in line.

[This message has been edited by Seabrook (edited May 09, 2001).]

Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2001 10:09 pm    Post subject: TAGS 2001 tourney - results Reply with quote

Played for Tags for the first time tonight, putting my #4 against Simon's #5. We played the 19 hole layout, the standard 12 plus a second loop of the inner 7. Got off to a fine start with a parked drive on 1 producing a birdie. Continued with a birdie spree to sit at -4 after 8 holes, Simon at Even. Followed this up with a bogey spree to finish the first 12 at -1, Simon at Even. Stayed this way until 5, where Simon's bird tied the game. We both bogeyed 10 to stay tied at Even. On 12, the final hole, Simon put his drive behind the parking lot, but his miracle second disc over the trees landed close enough for an easy par, to finish at Even. I, on the other hand bounced off the chains with my par putt to finish with a bogey at +1. After all that drama, Simon now holds Tag #4 and I got my bitter pill in the form of Tag #5. There ya go.

If I can only fall one more rank, I'll get a stroke when I next go up against Claus.

Shaggy
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2001 4:49 am    Post subject: TAGS 2001 tourney - results Reply with quote

Nice Strategy Darco!

Nuthin beats Roc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: