Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Why I love Disc Golf
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Naked Flamingo
Driver

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2001 8:25 pm    Post subject: Why I love Disc Golf Reply with quote

Totally made my day:

I went out to JC park tonight to toss a round and forget about all my worries. I brought my roomate who wanted to get a better backhand throw using her Ulty disc.
At the 9th hole this guy named Jeff (or Geoff) catches up to us. Turns out he is in town from Austin, Texas (home of 20 courses!).
He joins us, and after playing a couple of holes, he gives my roomate a driver and putter to try and get her more into the sport. He says they were ones he rarely uses, but it is still an nice gesture from basically a complete stranger.

Super nice guy, super nice park, super nice sport.

Thanks to everyone who made this sport possible here in Ottawa.

P.S. I now have two discs for sale (just kidding )

Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2001 10:23 am    Post subject: Why I love Disc Golf Reply with quote

*whew*

I thought this was going to be an NF ego-post and it turns out that he was genuine and humble in posting a feel-good-post. NF never fails to surprise me. It certainly was a nice gesture by that Texan. Dang I like these disc sports!

Andrew

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: