Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> fleeting fine weather - belle journée
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2000 2:10 pm    Post subject: fleeting fine weather - belle journée Reply with quote

Quick report here that caddy and I got out at midday to take advantage of one of perhaps the last chances of the season to parade around in shorts.

Shot back to back -3's, deucing 5, 7, 8 and 11 (bogey at 2) first round, and 4, 8 and 11 second time around.

Now relaxing on the Leffe bank.

SeaBass
Putter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2000 7:10 am    Post subject: fleeting fine weather - belle journée Reply with quote

Ohhh! If you think we are so easily impressed by your attempts at playing hooky and putting prowness then...well...I am.
Big Joe Mufferaw
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2000 8:40 am    Post subject: fleeting fine weather - belle journée Reply with quote

Prow'ness: (colloquial, origin New Brunswick outback, 19th century)

The inate ability to search relentlessly and stealthily for ones discs when lost in trees.

Seabrook
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2000 8:52 am    Post subject: fleeting fine weather - belle journée Reply with quote

Must be nice on PEI, you can't loose the discs in the woods caus' you got none!
Big Joe Mufferaw
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2000 10:54 am    Post subject: fleeting fine weather - belle journée Reply with quote

Coming from someone who hails from Irving Country "The tree growing people" that's rather sweet. I always get a kick out of those highway signs that line the Trans Canada. If you look beyond the 20m lining of trees you see massive clear cutting in the background. Irvings... ick!

Besides, we have one nice oak tree near the pioneer cemetary next to the Brudenell Golf Course (a really good course) that the shipping industry forgot to cut down.

On another note, a new course record was made last night. Four discs in one tree. Sorry I missed the photo op SeaBass... it would have been sweet... especially with two of you climbing the tree at the same time.

SeaBass
Putter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2000 10:55 am    Post subject: fleeting fine weather - belle journée Reply with quote

To bad it was Peter's toss, but I'll gladly take an assist on that one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: