Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Best rounds?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seabrook
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2000 1:02 pm    Post subject: Best rounds? Reply with quote

So who are the best in the city. So far the best 'witnessed round' I've heard of is -2. Has this mark been broken? Can anyone update the leaders board?
Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 8:30 am    Post subject: Best rounds? Reply with quote

I witnessed Rob Wormald's -4 round. Jeff Meldrum's was also witnessed, although I forget by who.

Jason Laurin had an unwitnessed round of -4, so on the members page of the Ottawa Disc Golf Club website, I indicated his score as such, but did not include it as a tie to the course record.

My bogies and birdies tend to cancel each other out, so my best round is an even par. How about you Steve (or anyone else whose personal best is not listed on the site already)?

Seabrook
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 12:00 pm    Post subject: Best rounds? Reply with quote

What was the breakdown of Rob's -4? (hole by hole)

Unfortunately I haven't been out much and I'm at +2. Have to become more consistent with those birdies.

LittleWheels
Putter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 12:44 pm    Post subject: Best rounds? Reply with quote

The best I've posted so far is a -2. I've been -3 a couple of times, with three holes to go, and blown it. Number 10 and 12 can kick your ass if you're not careful.

BTW, last time I checked I wasn't listed on the DG website. Don, if you could add me that would be great. sselkirk@nortelnetworks.com

Just for the record, I witnessed Meldrum's round of -4. And if Jason says he golfed -4, then he did. It's a game of honour, I don't think there is any need for an asterisk on his round. Now aces are another story....

Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 3:22 pm    Post subject: Best rounds? Reply with quote

No record setting round today in the wind with cranky baby in the stroller, an EVEN (bogies at 2 (stupid!) and 10 (dumb!)), birds at 5 and 7, **BUT**, with a good wind, my drive on 12 I'd estimate at about 125 m, a good several paces past the pin, and to the right. Had a putt, but bounced out off the chains, took a 3. That was a first for me, driving 12. For the enthusiasts, I'll add that I threw a 171 Viper, o-i to ride the wind and way up high and hard enough to turn it over and then fall off to glide out for a full S.

there ya go.

Don Lane
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 6:37 pm    Post subject: Best rounds? Reply with quote

Wow, with all my postings now, maybe I'll make it to the top-20 posters. Of course, if Nick keeps up with those "gotta catch up to Mike" postings, I don't have a chance. Wink

Seabrook: I'll get the info from Rob next time I see him. I could guess, but I'd rather not. He had four birdies and no bogies on that round.

LilWheels: Actually, you and your -2 have been up on the list now for a couple of days, albeit with your hotmail address listed instead of your work one. As for the course record, I didn't want to step on anyones toes, since things like that are touchy. I posted Jason's -4 as his personal best, but I thought that course records were more like aces, and had to be seen by more than just the residents of the park in order to be official. He'll get it again.

Ken: Thanks for the posting - nice to see ya again. I put up your even as a temporary personal best... I suspect it will be replaced by something better quite soon.

~Don~

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: