Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> 2000 Disc Golf League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seabrook
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2000 11:56 am    Post subject: 2000 Disc Golf League Reply with quote

Anyone interested in an Ottawa disc golf league? I figure it will run from mid-May until mid-Agusut.
Ken Lange
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2000 4:18 pm    Post subject: 2000 Disc Golf League Reply with quote

I'm all over that, assuming it fits around my ultimate schedule.... smile

Cheers!

Ken

Seabrook
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2000 3:12 pm    Post subject: 2000 Disc Golf League Reply with quote

The day will always be diffcult to pick since many have commitments for specific days. I would suggest either Tuesdays or Thursdays, however I would lean towards Thursdays. If you can not make a certain day due to traveling, AA meeting, etc just make arrangments that week's golf partner to reschedule.
Flick Chick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2000 2:13 pm    Post subject: 2000 Disc Golf League Reply with quote

How would someone who has never played disc golf go about learning how to play in Ottawa. Is there/was there a league?
Alvis
Putter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2000 10:11 am    Post subject: 2000 Disc Golf League Reply with quote

A league of sorts would be a good idea.

How about a ladder or pyrimid format as done with squash? or a house format?

Seabrook
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2000 12:56 pm    Post subject: 2000 Disc Golf League Reply with quote

Flick, unfortunately the Ottawa Disc Golf Club is still in its infancy. We finally put Ottawa/Hull's first course in the fall of 1998. Last year we held four tourneys and hopefully we will become better organise every year.

As for the coming season, which is still three months away, we are looking into another tourney, a league and hopefully an intro day. Once the group has sat down and had a chance to decide what are the priorities for 2000 season, then we will announce the plans.

As far as learning to play, keep your E-mail open to Ultimate Happenings and we will announce our plans there. Including intro sessions, leagues and the opening of the course at Jacques Cartier Park.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: