Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Lost and Found / Select Classifieds -> ODGC disc for sale on ebay Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Joe Mufferaw
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: ODGC disc for sale on ebay Reply with quote

When will you be «mudsquidding» next?

I still have a hot pink Orc out there, probably a bit farther out...

colin
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: ODGC disc for sale on ebay Reply with quote

do you remember whose was the farthest out right?
Arthur
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: ODGC disc for sale on ebay Reply with quote

The farthest short one was Stacies disc. It looked like it was heading for the lock. The farthest long one to the right was either Stefans Orc, or James's Banshee. They were both the same mud/red color and I didn't clean them until I got back closer to the bank so didn't see the names.

Your Eagle was about as far right but not quite as long as the red one Colin. 2 lots of 2 discs were within 1 metre of each other.

[This message has been edited by Arthur (edited November 08, 2004).]

peachgrinder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: ODGC disc for sale on ebay Reply with quote

My Red Beast is still in hiding... I hope for its safe return sometime soon, though who knows what happens if somebody walking by decides to enjoy a disc.
Arthur
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: ODGC disc for sale on ebay Reply with quote

I tried to find your disc Peach. Don told me it was somewhere in the corner there, not to far from shore. It's pretty messy in there as the birds have stirred the mud up a lot. It may be hiding just under the surface. I hope to be back in Ottawa this weekend and I'll have a bit more of a look for you.
BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: ODGC disc for sale on ebay Reply with quote

...Kiwi, you live in Arnprior!! These people live in Ottawa. Have them look for the discs themselves!!!

Seriously though, the water's all the way down. If you wait to long the mud is going to freeze and you'll be able to walk out further, but you might not find anymore, because of the hard ground.

I can't believe you found 9 as it was. You imagine if that was a permanent hole. Twirley would be making a killing. How many discs was that in total for that 1 day?! Ottawa's not ready for a permanent water hole.

BigBrotherPenton
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: ODGC disc for sale on ebay Reply with quote

Mind you I lost one there as well....and didn't really deserve to get it back.
Arthur
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: ODGC disc for sale on ebay Reply with quote

I was wondering if Twirly had helped you scout out that hole, after hearing all the stories of discs splashing down. From only 2 rounds of golf played on it there were at least 11 disc I know of that went in there. Lucky we don't live on Toronto Island, the local kids would have been rich by now.

[This message has been edited by Arthur (edited November 08, 2004).]

JebushatesmethisIknow
Driver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: ODGC disc for sale on ebay Reply with quote

Right on! My monster is alive... Thanks Arthur.
Paul Novosad
Tree Pruner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: ODGC disc for sale on ebay Reply with quote

Arthur, thanks for fishing out my holey eagle. Do let us know when we can buy you a lot of beer
peachgrinder
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: ODGC disc for sale on ebay Reply with quote

Walking in Arthur's footprints...

I went looking today, wallowing through the relatively stinky mud, and found my Ace Race (unfortunately) disc, and not my Beast. James showed up at the same time as well, but was not as lucky.

The water is quite low. If you have a good pair of boots, bring them. Bring spare socks, or, as it looks like Arthur did, go barefoot. Unless someone else is wandering around without any shoes on 30 feet from shore.

Peach

Arthur
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: ODGC disc for sale on ebay Reply with quote

Yeah, I decided on the barefoot path after I got my first wiff of the mud. Decided it would be easier to clean my feet than try and clean my sock and shoes of the smell. And I thought the mud might suck them off as it was pretty sticky in patches.
redline
Spin Doctor

Location: My canoe has run out of pancakes and the skidoo needs more woodchips.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: ODGC disc for sale on ebay Reply with quote

In order to make these discs more accessable to city dwelling folk (and to keep Arthur from having to drive in from Arnprior), I've now got Colin's and Stacey's discs.

Colin,
Stacey,

let me know how I can help get these back to you.

Cheers!
-P

P.S. I got a look at Paul N's perforated Eagle. Paul N: It's time for a new disc! Really.

Hogger
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: ODGC disc for sale on ebay Reply with quote

Paul...tell the story about that disc! It's a good one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Lost and Found / Select Classifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: