Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Tuesday Stroke Play League -> TOSS 2018 General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lissyssil
Champion of Chains


Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 2713
Location: Aylmer, QC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the above open to discussion, which I think there might be some of. TOSS rules will be finalized and published in a unique thread in this forum prior to the commencement of TOSS 1.
_________________
Go Sens!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bbp
King Geoffrey


Joined: 08 Dec 2013
Posts: 2151
Location: On the green

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance we can play a TOSS event at UPI?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lissyssil
Champion of Chains


Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 2713
Location: Aylmer, QC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is UPI officially open?
_________________
Go Sens!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bbp
King Geoffrey


Joined: 08 Dec 2013
Posts: 2151
Location: On the green

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lissyssil wrote:
Is UPI officially open?


What does it need to be official?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Beau
Putter


Joined: 27 May 2013
Posts: 84
Location: Ottawa, Canada

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is TOSS starting up tomorrow night at the Shire?

Also, I've created a Google Calendar with the 2018 TOSS schedule. Click the link below to add the TOSS schedule to your calendar,

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/r?cid=oqbp255ivndi4mbgnpaimpcol0@group.calendar.google.com
_________________
There are no small putts.

- Beau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
clausr
MOD Champion


Joined: 13 Jun 2002
Posts: 1531
Location: Kanata

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m in for toss. Twirlie has been warned .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bbp
King Geoffrey


Joined: 08 Dec 2013
Posts: 2151
Location: On the green

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lissyssil wrote:
All of the above open to discussion, which I think there might be some of. TOSS rules will be finalized and published in a unique thread in this forum prior to the commencement of TOSS 1.


This is the problem when you make deadlines. laughing

being evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bbp
King Geoffrey


Joined: 08 Dec 2013
Posts: 2151
Location: On the green

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSS Boss wrote:
Replace 813.01 F with:
Quote:
F.All discs used in play, except mini marker discs, should be uniquely marked. A player receives criticism for the throw of an unmarked disc. A player receives ridicule for the loss of an unmarked disc.


The original rule is a good one to follow as you will be prepared to play in a PDGA event later with all your discs ready to go. The Don Lane approach of handing a Sharpie to someone as SOON as they purchase a disc is one that should be followed by everyone.


TOSS Boss wrote:

We will also follow the Competition Manual Section 3 except:

Replace 3.01 C with:
Quote:
The use of speakers to broadcast music/sound is forbidden unless explicitly agreed to by all members of your card. The use of headphones, restricting the audibility of music/sound to yourself, is allowed. A request by any competitor or official to stop broadcast of music/sound must result in the termination of broadcast. Failure to do so is a courtesy violation.


Replace 3.01 D with:
Quote:
Animals are allowed only when explicitly agreed upon by all members of your card, AND where not restricted by policy/law/bylaw/regulations governing the use of the land upon which the event is occurring.


This rule will start issues. Players will bring their animals hoping to to gain permission from the card. Card mates will be pressured to allow it or said animal will spend their evening tied up or in a car.

Quote:

Delete 3.03 B (Cool and 3.03 B (10)

Delete 3.03 D


Those deal with after work enjoyment.

thumbsup

Quote:


Delete 3.04 (Dress code)

Delete 3.06 to 3.08 (Rules that deal with relaying info to PDGA and such)


Nice. Good job picking through the Competition Manual.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bbp
King Geoffrey


Joined: 08 Dec 2013
Posts: 2151
Location: On the green

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbp wrote:
lissyssil wrote:
Is UPI officially open?


What does it need to be official?


It's got:

Parking
Tees
Baskets
Lines


And it would be cool to play league there while the Ultie crew are out there too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lissyssil
Champion of Chains


Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 2713
Location: Aylmer, QC

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbp wrote:
TOSS Boss wrote:
Replace 3.01 D with:
Quote:
Animals are allowed only when explicitly agreed upon by all members of your card, AND where not restricted by policy/law/bylaw/regulations governing the use of the land upon which the event is occurring.


This rule will start issues. Players will bring their animals hoping to to gain permission from the card. Card mates will be pressured to allow it or said animal will spend their evening tied up or in a car.


Agreed. But, dogs are already happening at TOSS. You want to bring your animal, you run the risk of not being able to play. An attempt to accommodate will be made, but is not guaranteed.
_________________
Go Sens!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lissyssil
Champion of Chains


Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 2713
Location: Aylmer, QC

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbp wrote:
lissyssil wrote:
All of the above open to discussion, which I think there might be some of. TOSS rules will be finalized and published in a unique thread in this forum prior to the commencement of TOSS 1.


This is the problem when you make deadlines. laughing

being evil


What Problem?

http://www.odgc.ca/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12436

Razz
_________________
Go Sens!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lissyssil
Champion of Chains


Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 2713
Location: Aylmer, QC

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbp wrote:
bbp wrote:
lissyssil wrote:
Is UPI officially open?


What does it need to be official?


It's got:

Parking
Tees
Baskets
Lines


And it would be cool to play league there while the Ultie crew are out there too.


Thanks. I'll look into this. smile
_________________
Go Sens!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bbp
King Geoffrey


Joined: 08 Dec 2013
Posts: 2151
Location: On the green

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lissyssil wrote:
bbp wrote:
TOSS Boss wrote:
Replace 3.01 D with:
Quote:
Animals are allowed only when explicitly agreed upon by all members of your card, AND where not restricted by policy/law/bylaw/regulations governing the use of the land upon which the event is occurring.


This rule will start issues. Players will bring their animals hoping to to gain permission from the card. Card mates will be pressured to allow it or said animal will spend their evening tied up or in a car.


Agreed. But, dogs are already happening at TOSS. You want to bring your animal, you run the risk of not being able to play. An attempt to accommodate will be made, but is not guaranteed.


Understood.

I'm going to go on a-hole record here: I don't want music or dogs on my card.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bbp
King Geoffrey


Joined: 08 Dec 2013
Posts: 2151
Location: On the green

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lissyssil wrote:
bbp wrote:
lissyssil wrote:
All of the above open to discussion, which I think there might be some of. TOSS rules will be finalized and published in a unique thread in this forum prior to the commencement of TOSS 1.


This is the problem when you make deadlines. laughing

being evil


What Problem?

http://www.odgc.ca/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12436

Razz


Cheater. sly wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lissyssil
Champion of Chains


Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 2713
Location: Aylmer, QC

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbp wrote:
Understood.

I'm going to go on a-hole record here: I want to play all my rounds with Kauffman and Jack, OMR and Stupid, and Spike.


/seewhatididthere?
_________________
Go Sens!


Last edited by lissyssil on Tue May 01, 2018 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bbp
King Geoffrey


Joined: 08 Dec 2013
Posts: 2151
Location: On the green

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lissyssil wrote:
bbp wrote:
Understood.

I'm going to go on a-hole record here: I want to play all my rounds with Kauffman and Jack, OMR and Stupid, and Spike.


/seewhatididthere?


I did. And I stand by my initial comment.

(not a huge fan of rules that make jerks out of people who enforce them)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lissyssil
Champion of Chains


Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 2713
Location: Aylmer, QC

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbp wrote:
(not a huge fan of rules that make jerks out of people who enforce them)


Nor I, but that's a different matter altogether. Nobody should feel like a jerk for enforcing the rules. When is the last time any of us called a courtesy violation, or a foot-fault, for that matter, at TOSS? Why not? Because we feel like jerks if we do.

I get that TOSS is a social evening for some people, but hell, it's a competitive event first, right? Play by the rules, and don't feel like a dick if you call someone out for not playing by the rules.

The dogs/music rules as written were my attempt to ensure that those that are uncomfortable competing around either are given the opportunity to play the game the way they want to, and those with dogs/music understand that it's a luxury, rather than a right on their card.
_________________
Go Sens!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lissyssil
Champion of Chains


Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 2713
Location: Aylmer, QC

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and I was kidding about the edit to your response. Missed the /s tag. smile
_________________
Go Sens!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bbp
King Geoffrey


Joined: 08 Dec 2013
Posts: 2151
Location: On the green

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lissyssil wrote:
Oh, and I was kidding about the edit to your response. Missed the /s tag. smile


You are assuming I know what a /s tag is...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bbp
King Geoffrey


Joined: 08 Dec 2013
Posts: 2151
Location: On the green

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kids didn't know either. Googled it. Understand now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Tuesday Stroke Play League All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
RSS Feed for Latest Posts