Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Ice League -> Ice League|Larrimac Golf Course|Jan 28 2017
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Rydell
Big-Arm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Ice League|Larrimac Golf Course|Jan 28 2017 Reply with quote

This week we will be playing at a brand new location! Larrimac Golf Course will be our host for this week. This will be a Spike designed layout of 10 holes.

Installation will be at 10:30 am. Registration at 11:30 am. Tee off at 12:00 pm.

Larrimac golf course:

Last edited by Steve Rydell on Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
andros
ODGC Presidents Cup Champion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, excited for this one. Some dreamy terrain at Larrimac.

I will bring along my sleigh to help with install.
spike
Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Course has been designed, measured and confirmed. Thanks to club members Don Lane, Mario Houle as well as Megs & Arcee for the assistance and course critique. Pylons and flags are in the ground for efficient install. Make sure you have your cameras and batteries to take many photos. The snow is deep so sleds, snow shoes and proper snow golf gear is highly suggested.

Hole One
98 metres
321 feet
Slight hyzer downhill to get kick off one beautiful Ice League layout. Signature starting ball golf hole that will be the second round team CTP.

Hole Two
73 metres
239 feet
Straight at it between the trees or huge hyzer around in the open sky.

Hole Three
52 metres
171 feet
Short and technical drive to an obstructed and protected green with OB just a couple of metres past the basket.

Hole Four
95 metres
311 feet
Slight uphill following along OB road left to the basket placed just passed the pole to the left. When approaching the green be careful as the drives from five’s tee may be going over head.

Hole Five
122.1 metres
401 feet
Last hole on the south side of the club house, beautiful fairway going through a valley over OB road and hole four’s basket with another protected green. Visible from the club house while able to spectate hole one drives. Perfect hole for a quick clubhouse stop for a beverage, bathroom break and close to the vehicles if required.

Hole Six
86 metres
282 feet
Leaving the clubhouse there is a path to hole six with a flagged area on route for an amazing photo opportunity or if gone to the parking lot there is a plowed road to six’s tee passing the right of hole ten. Hole six is a nice slight downhill straight shot with basket in the middle of trees but with a possible hyzer available for LHBH or RHBH.

Hole Seven
90 metres
295 feet
Teeing off in the open with a slight uphill with OB approximately three metres past the basket but there is a snow bank that may stop the disc for the risk/reward.

Hole Eight
89 meters
291 feet
This is another opportunity to get the cameras out to capture the amazing green space where we hope will house a permanent course. This one is a huge open and windy downhill hole allowing nearly every possible drive in the book. Casual creek before the basket that is on a mound with nine’s tee just before the road. The above image does not really show how steep and huge the hill is.

Hole Nine
76 metres
249 feet
Tee placed conveniently near the walking path past hole eights basket. Hole nine is the complete opposite of the previous hole with a steep up hill drive to a small green. (Basket position marked with the three flags just above Arcee). The tee can be seen just to the right and above the basket location way down the hill marked with pylons.

Hole Ten
82 metres
269 feet
Finishing hole with a narrow drive off the tee and tight fairway following OB road on the right with a near island "Y" shape green(lots of OB) that is not visible from the tee pad, this is the only hole that suggests use of a spotter to make sure the road is clear and safe.Z
PDGA #43652
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
spike
Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have throw together a quick Larrimac player hand book. wink

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxFdG-rQt2blbE14LVlaSHhUVDg
PDGA #43652
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
spike
Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CLUBHOUSE AND BAR IS OPEN! All alcohol must be purchased on premises but feel free to bring your own snacks and food!
PDGA #43652
spike
Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for those who did not or do not use facebook. I posted in the ODGC FB page some info that I will just paste here!

"Attention discer's! I am not sure if all of you are aware but we have the pleasure once again to return to the beautiful ball golf course Larrimac in Chelsea, QC for this week's installment of ODGC's Ice League.
It will be a fun and challenging course that I hope all will enjoy. Larrimac kindly offered to open the warm clubhouse with access to washrooms with a well stocked bar welcoming your own food and snacks but all alcohol has to be purchased on site.
I would like to invite everyone out to enjoy this amazing and charming green space with lots of elevation changes and wildlife. Hope to have an awesome turn out for this fun event displaying the strong disc golf community and the love for the sport while respecting the clubhouse rules. We will have several events, a new annual PDGA sanctioned event with the hopes to have one amazing permanent course for all to enjoy.
Make sure you take and share many photos and videos, someone may snap the 2018 ODGC bag tag image! smile
Keep on Dreaming!
https://www.facebook.com/Larrimac/"
PDGA #43652
adamsm
Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in
Splash
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be bringing along some hot soup for those who show up, as well as some ribboned discs for any of the Larrimac people who might be trying our sport for the first time.

You'll get to experience my very spicy Mulligadonsky Soup, which seems appropriate for Ice League with all the Mulligans we go through. It's extra yummy and has received great reviews, and will warm you up between or after the rounds with beer you get at their bar.

The course is on only a fraction of the entire course, as it's optimized for winter play, but it will give you a feel of what you could experience in the regular season.

You'll find established snowshoe trails and course roads throughout the layout to assist those without snowshoes. As Spike mentioned, bring your cameras for some great shots and videos, and bring a sled if you have one, as there is a sweet hill for you to go down if you dare to!

If anyone else wants to bring food, the more the merrier.

If anyone needs a ride, contact me here on the forum. I'll be going early to help set up the course.

Let's show our hosts a good turnout and a great time out at Larrimac. See you soon!
disco rico
Falling Colours Champion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there just in the nick'o time ..

OMG the bugs are just crazy .. you've been warned !
radapaw
Tree Pruner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat and I should be making another appearance this week. Thank you to those involved.
bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost in your backyard
bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone out there have the missing scorecard? If so, can you take a pic of it and send it my way?
Splash
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent to a couple of your hotmail addresses.
bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splash wrote:
Sent to a couple of your hotmail addresses.

Thanks, Soup Master
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Ice League All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: