Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> PDGA Membership
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: PDGA Membership Reply with quote

Renewed my PDGA membership today. Charged me $75US (thought my $$ went to Canada initiatives? Why am I paying US$?) and then they charged a $2.68 shipping and handling fee??!!?? WTF!

Haven't been a member since 2011 and I'm remembering why. laughing
bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a 2003 magazine a couple of weeks ago cleaning out my classroom. Looking forward to the 2017 editions! Some questions; will they feature more DG tattoos? Will there be accompanying poems? Or poems on other DG topics?
andros
ODGC Presidents Cup Champion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: PDGA Membership Reply with quote

bbp wrote:
Renewed my PDGA membership today. Charged me $75US (thought my $$ went to Canada initiatives? Why am I paying US$?) and then they charged a $2.68 shipping and handling fee??!!?? WTF!

Haven't been a member since 2011 and I'm remembering why. laughing

I just renewed as well, been getting the magazines since 2011 so let me know if you want to catch up. wink

One of my favorite articles are the course design ones by Houck.

To those renewing their PDGA membership you can save some coin through the ODSA;
Quote:
ODSA members receive $5 (US!) off of their 2017 PDGA registrations and renewals. We're no longer able to publicize the coupon code, please email chris@ontariodiscsports.ca and I will gladly share it with you.

bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Houck articles were good.

Been told that my extra $2.68 is for the PayPal service, which I didn't use. Why does this sort of stuff exist? I mean, I don't walk up to a cashier in a grocery store and have them run everything through and then tell me they are adding extra fees that cover wages and electricity bills. Why don't they just include the 2.68 in the price? Why call it "shipping and handling"? Sneaky. I hate sneaky.

I'm over it now and excited to use my membership this season. PDGA trips are on the table. Might break out the paper map...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: