Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Almonte Disc Golf Club Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion


Joined: 09 Nov 2005
Posts: 6929
Location: Dog River

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are going rain or shine tomorrow. Only a 40% chance of rain now, so that's 60% of no rain big grin .

I've heard form a few folks coming out to the install. Thank you. Anyone else is welcome to help as well.
_________________
If you can't win the event in regulation, try, try, try again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion


Joined: 09 Nov 2005
Posts: 6929
Location: Dog River

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work day out there today. Tees, sleeves and trimming all done. We are meeting at 10 tomorrow morning if any one is interested to assemble baskets and pop them in. We will most likely be play the first round at 12:30.

Thanks to Terry Ainsworth and his wife(sorry forgetting her name), Rob Hale, Mike Adams, Jason King, Rob Wormald, Ben Svetkoff and two of Terrycs friends for help putting this in today. Things arereally looking good out there.
_________________
If you can't win the event in regulation, try, try, try again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jme198
Mid-Ranger


Joined: 06 May 2012
Posts: 296

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are all champs! Well done and thanks for all your hard work today!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wierdsma
Driver


Joined: 11 Apr 2012
Posts: 352

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work everyone. I'll try and make it out tomorrow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion


Joined: 09 Nov 2005
Posts: 6929
Location: Dog River

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The course is in and I must say, it's a fun little track. Check out their Facebook page, Almonte Disc golf club for a map. There are a few minor things to complete (#3 tees need to wait for some construction to be finished) and signs will hopefully be following soon.

Just a heads up, Twirly is going to be having Shire night in Almonte this week. thumbsup
_________________
If you can't win the event in regulation, try, try, try again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion


Joined: 09 Nov 2005
Posts: 6929
Location: Dog River

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Terry:

Wear something nice if you are playing Almonte on Wednesday May 18th. I hope to have Fenton Isaacs video some of the action. See "Fenton Isaacs Productions" on Youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCezYTM903C0zrvQ9A6e7bTQ
_________________
If you can't win the event in regulation, try, try, try again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
bbp
King Geoffrey


Joined: 08 Dec 2013
Posts: 1969
Location: On the green

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumours in my family is that my dad wanted to call me Fenton.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
clausr
MOD Champion


Joined: 13 Jun 2002
Posts: 1485
Location: Kanata

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited to come out and see the course tonite.

Two things. No one set a time so a bunch of us at twirlies last night said 6:00 for an event.

Also, I'm wondering where we park to best access the course.

Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wierdsma
Driver


Joined: 11 Apr 2012
Posts: 352

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya let's plan to meet maybe on the first teepad and get started by 6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LeppyR64
Disc Jockey


Joined: 15 Jul 2002
Posts: 736
Location: Arnprior, Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess that parking at the arena would be the easiest if there's nothing going on there.
_________________
Jason Lepack
Left-Handed Sandbagger
jlepack AT gmail DOT com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion


Joined: 09 Nov 2005
Posts: 6929
Location: Dog River

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Terry:

Wear something nice if you are playing Almonte on Wednesday May 18th. I hope to have Fenton Isaacs video some of the action. See "Fenton Isaacs Productions" on Youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCezYTM903C0zrvQ9A6e7bTQ
_________________
If you can't win the event in regulation, try, try, try again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
briggs
Disc Jockey


Joined: 31 Jul 2008
Posts: 593

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the pleasure of playing this course last night.

Big congratulations and thanks to those involved. It is an awesome piece of land.

There is a great variety of shots and styles. Mid and long tees almost always have a different line required.

The greens offer some serious questions of risks vs. reward and will create separation in competitive play.

The red tees are excellent to get the local community out and make the game accessible.

They are also providing loaner discs via the Library which is another great idea.

All in all, I was super impressed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion


Joined: 09 Nov 2005
Posts: 6929
Location: Dog River

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear!
_________________
If you can't win the event in regulation, try, try, try again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion


Joined: 09 Nov 2005
Posts: 6929
Location: Dog River

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sweet little video from the last Toss.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EsBVW63MXs&app=desktop
_________________
If you can't win the event in regulation, try, try, try again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
bbp
King Geoffrey


Joined: 08 Dec 2013
Posts: 1969
Location: On the green

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful video. They did a fantastic job.

(we need to tell Fenton that disc doesn't have a "k" in it)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion


Joined: 09 Nov 2005
Posts: 6929
Location: Dog River

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbp wrote:
Beautiful video. They did a fantastic job.

(we need to tell Fenton that disc doesn't have a "k" in it)


He got it right in the video. Just need to fix the description.
_________________
If you can't win the event in regulation, try, try, try again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
OMR
ODGC Marketing


Joined: 02 Jun 2005
Posts: 3419
Location: Kanata

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody want to play almonte Sunday August 28? I'm thinking 11am ish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion


Joined: 09 Nov 2005
Posts: 6929
Location: Dog River

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heading to Almonte tonight if anyone wants to join. I'll be there around 5:30.
_________________
If you can't win the event in regulation, try, try, try again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
OMR
ODGC Marketing


Joined: 02 Jun 2005
Posts: 3419
Location: Kanata

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tmrw 10:00...?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
RSS Feed for Latest Posts