Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Disc Dogging
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Disc Dogging Reply with quote

I've started teaching dog discers how to throw further and straighter. I just sort of fell into the whole thing, but I charge an hourly rate, give homework and my students are already finding success.

One of my dog discers has played in 4 national and provincial events in the novice category. Then she started taking lessons from me.

Last weekend she got bumped up to the Professional division (because her friend, and another one of my students, was the TD and told her she needed the challenge). She's never placed in the novice division, but came THIRD in the pro division last weekend. She blames it all on her follow-through and her breathing. She listens.

And on a funner and funnier note; they borrowed one my baskets for a side show event and made over $200 and EVERYONE LOVED IT!

Funny stuff.
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thumbsup
spike
Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Disc Dogging Reply with quote

bbp wrote:
I've started teaching dog discers how to throw further and straighter. I just sort of fell into the whole thing, but I charge an hourly rate, give homework and my students are already finding success.

One of my dog discers has played in 4 national and provincial events in the novice category. Then she started taking lessons from me.

Last weekend she got bumped up to the Professional division (because her friend, and another one of my students, was the TD and told her she needed the challenge). She's never placed in the novice division, but came THIRD in the pro division last weekend. She blames it all on her follow-through and her breathing. She listens.

And on a funner and funnier note; they borrowed one my baskets for a side show event and made over $200 and EVERYONE LOVED IT!

Funny stuff.

Toss n' Fetch or Freestyle?
PDGA #43652
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bbp
King Geoffrey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They compete in both, though my job was to extend their throws to at least 40 yards, which comes into play in both events.

The one who competed on the weekend was throwing 50 yards! Straight! (when we started she was throwing 20-30 yards, in all directions)
spike
Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcee has done well in Toss n' Fetch, and it's loads of fun!

https://youtu.be/t426W96BEGM
PDGA #43652

Last edited by spike on Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: