Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Tuesday Stroke Play League -> TOSS 2015 Wrap-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lissyssil
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: TOSS 2015 Wrap-up Reply with quote

So, it's been a while, hasn't it? About time I put some things down in writing about this year's TOSS season.

2015 was a good year for TOSS, with the reintroduction of Handicaps, thanks to the dedicated hard work of Ken Darcovich. Ken, you're the man, thank you so much!

We played 18 rounds over five different courses! I'm pretty sure that this is the first time that TOSS has had that much variety in a single season. Thanks to our private course owners, Dan Phillips (Phillips Screw Driver DGC), Rob Wormald (The Shire), and John Pytel (Ettyville SuperSpin DGC) for working with me and with the ODGC to ensure that we can utilize your wonderful facilities. I'm looking forward to seeing each of you another three times next year.

As far as I can recall, we had some darned decent weather this year, too. I can only remember two rainy days, but my memory isn't so good. Maybe it was three.

I was super stoked that we managed to get in a Kanata Twenty-7 round this year. I like that one. I hope you did too.

Thanks very much to Jamie Joss, Claus Reitlingshoefer, and Jeff Lariviere, who were our three "Season's Pass" holders this year. Jamie and Claus made good use of their discount, playing 16 and 17 rounds each, meaning they got 1 and 2 "free" rounds, respectively. Mr. Lariviere, on the other hand, donated some money to the club, only playing 10 rounds, thereby losing out on $25. It's for the better good, though, right?

Eleven players made it to more than half the events this year. Thanks go to Jeff Lariviere, Andrew Vallee, Rob Hale, Allysha Lavino, Shane Kilpatrick, Mark Atos, Mike Adams, Carl Visser, Jamie Joss, Claus Reitlingshoefer, and special thanks to Ken Darcovich, the only player this year to attend all 18 TOSS events. Hell or high water, Mr. Darco is there to play.

Over 18 events, there were 253 player rounds. May was the highest average attended month, with 19.5 players per round, and The Shire hosted the highest average attended events, at 18.7. The breakdowns are as follows:

By Course:
The Shire 18.7
Kanata 15.5
Camp Fortune 12.0
Phillips Screw Driver DGC 11.7
Ettyville 11.0

By Month:
May 19.5
June 13.6
July 9.5
August 12.75
September 18

League average attendance across the entire season was 14.1 players per round. Impressive!

In total, TOSS gave back to it's participants $767 in adjusted score payouts and $254 in QB challenge payouts. The ODGC netted $241.17 (after adjustments and expenses) as a result of your generosity. (Remember, $1 of each entry fee goes back to the club.)

Personally, I want to thank Ryan Briggs, Errol Melancon, Alex Weirdsma, and Allysha/OMR/Claus for taking up the TD slack for me while I was away on business trips this year.

And furthermore, I want to thank every single one of you who came out to play disc golf at a TOSS night. Without you, there'd be no ODGC, no disc golf, and no fun!

It's a lot of fun to manage this league for you all, and I hope to see everyone on May 3, 2016, when we kick off the 2016 TOSS season.

I'd love to see your opinions on how this season went. Feel free to leave lemons/lollipops comments below, if you want.

Cheers, beers, and throwing for years!
Mark

Last edited by lissyssil on Tue May 24, 2016 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
adamsm
Driver

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS Mark!
OMR
ODGC Marketing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thx mark!
clausr
MOD Champion

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate all the effort Mark. I had a good time at all the events.
Cheers
Jme198
Mid-Ranger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thanks MarK for running TOSS and thanks Ken for keeping the handicaps up to date.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Tuesday Stroke Play League All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: